A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Severe Abrasions

Old February 2nd 19, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Severe Abrasions

Someone recommended Second Skin for my knee which was REALLY painful with any way I put none-stick pads on.

I couldn't find that brand name at CVS but they had a CVS brand.

This stuff is sort of like Saran Wrap. It sticks to your skin without any adhesive and is breathable. If you put it on a clean non-infected abrasion you can leave it on for a week before having to renew it. There is no pulling nor adhesion to the hair so it removes easily.

I put it on last night and it didn't change position overnight and the pain is mostly gone this morning except it will plainly take a week or two to heal.

I give this 5 stars or 4 thumbs up.
Ads
Old February 3rd 19, 05:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Severe Abrasions

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 2:51:08 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Someone recommended Second Skin for my knee which was REALLY painful with any way I put none-stick pads on.

This stuff is sort of like Saran Wrap. It sticks to your skin without any adhesive and is breathable. If you put it on a clean non-infected abrasion you can leave it on for a week before having to renew it. There is no pulling nor adhesion to the hair so it removes easily.

I put it on last night and it didn't change position overnight and the pain is mostly gone this morning except it will plainly take a week or two to heal.

Looking closer at the box it isn't CVS - it is 3M Tegaderm. This stuff is unbelievable. This morning the main is almost entirely gone. The elbow in the meantime, with Band-Aids on it is healing so slowly it's pitiful.

The damage to the elbow was relatively minor and the damage to the knee the entire left side. Just skin but very painful. I wouldn't use anything other than this anymore.
Old February 3rd 19, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Severe Abrasions

Looking closer at the box it isn't CVS - it is 3M Tegaderm. This stuff is unbelievable. This morning the pain is almost entirely gone. The elbow in the meantime, with Band-Aids on it, is healing so slowly it's pitiful.

The damage to the elbow was relatively minor and the damage to the knee the entire left side. Just skin but very painful. I wouldn't use anything other than this anymore.
Old February 3rd 19, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Severe Abrasions

Looking closer at the box it isn't CVS - it is 3M Tegaderm. This stuff is unbelievable. This morning the pain is almost entirely gone. The elbow in the meantime, with Band-Aids on it is healing so slowly it's pitiful.