You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!

Old May 19th 04, 03:38 PM
Resound

Default You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!

I rode in the rain yesterday. Dropped my noob arse (noob knee actually) onto the tar for my troubles too All up a shoddy day's worth of cycling as I took off 5 mins after eating breakfast and was running on empty from the word go. Ouchies not withstanding, the ride home was actually a good deal more enjoyable, even though it was on the homeward leg that I got rained on. All part of the learning experience, innit? At least I didn't break up the bike

-

Old May 19th 04, 03:51 PM
DRS

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

flyingdutch wrote:
Wrong!. we aint talking semantics here, Ritch. We are talking 40%
difference...
www.bom.gov.au
So all that blue sky you are looking at right now is actually

making you very wet! You just havent caught on yet

Radar Images, actaully it's the pink bits you've got to look out for,

Trust a grrl to worry about the pink bits.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old May 20th 04, 11:19 AM
Etxy

BLDR wrote:
Someone is taking this argument a bit too seriously don't ya think? We
all know that Melbourne is the best place in the world and that
Syd...Syd....(what was it called again?) anyway that place that starts
with an S is the...is the.... hmmmmm....what are they?

And we all know that cfsmtb is from Melbourne too... So teasing her fo
being a sydney-sider when she ISN'T might be a leetle odd. ;

-

Old May 20th 04, 11:19 AM
BLDR

Melbourne: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.shtml
Sydney: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.shtml
Adelaide: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR463.shtml
Perth: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR123.shtml
Hobart: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR373.shtml
Darwin: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR633.shtml
Brisbane: http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.shtml

Someone is taking this argument a bit too seriously don't ya think? W
all know that Melbourne is the best place in the world and tha
Syd...Syd....(what was it called again?) anyway that place that start
with an S is the...is the.... hmmmmm....what are they? Ummm.... Back to
the topic at hand, Melbourne weather is not as wet as some may think
Actually I think people would hope for that much rain particularly wit
the catchments at 48% capacity. So BRING IT ON! The more rain th
better...especially for those muddied up downhill trails. ;

-

Old May 20th 04, 01:38 PM
cfsmtb

Etxy wrote:
And we all know that cfsmtb is from Melbourne too... So teasing her for
being a sydney-sider when she ISN'T might be a leetle odd.

Actually I'm originally from Hobart. Rain is that stuff that hits har
horizonally. Or piddles around the Wellington Ranges all day

Melbourne, huh? In reality, just a southern extension of the Littl
Desert. Don't even get a real frost here

-

Old May 20th 04, 01:57 PM
Etxy

cfsmtb wrote:
Actually I'm originally from Hobart. Rain is that stuff that hits hard
horizonally. Or piddles around the Wellington Ranges all day.
Melbourne, huh? In reality, just a southern extension of the Little
Desert. Don't even get a real frost here.

Sorry, I meant 'lives in', not 'is from'. :cool

I can't imagine what Tassie would be like in winter... I struggle as i
to get through Melbourne winters; I have such poor circulation that it'
a case of chillblains from June till October. So you can keep you
'real frost', thankyou, if only so I can keep my fingers. ;

-

Old May 20th 04, 01:57 PM
cfsmtb

Etxy wrote:
Sorry, I meant 'lives in', not 'is from'.
I can't imagine what Tassie would be like in winter... I struggle as is
to get through Melbourne winters; I have such poor circulation that it's
a case of chillblains from June till October. So you can keep your
'real frost', thankyou, if only so I can keep my fingers.

Bah

Old May 20th 04, 02:00 PM
Etxy

cfsmtb wrote:
Bah!
You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!

No, just me. (and only with 'cold', not 'wet'. See, I'm HARDCORE,
ride in the rain with gusto and glee. And that is a combination of word
we don't see often enough.) ;

-

Old May 20th 04, 04:00 PM
hippy

Etxy wrote:
No, just me. (and only with 'cold', not 'wet'. See, I'm HARDCORE, I
ride in the rain with gusto and glee. And that is a combination of words
we don't see often enough.)

Well who's the silly soggy moggy tonight then?! ME! Went to find th
dirt crits, got lost, found another two riders, they were lost too, go
more lost, soaked through now, asked directions, found race, "Olli
raced, I found a stack of excuses and watched instead, afte
presentation of 1st series prizes, Doug and I left (in the freezing col
rainy stuff...), followed him too far but eventually made it to a nic
train station.. SOAKED! and scaring 'normal' people I'm sure, rode th
last 6k home.. withOUT rain

Anyway, looked like people had a blast at the crits so I'll have to g
back and MEAN IT next time.. need another singlespeed so I don't have t
swap tyres all the time.. need to dig out my Vistalite helmet moun
too.. and some clothe that don't soak through and stay sopping.. and
way to warm beer but still have it taste nice.. I'll call it: 'ardcor
Warmbutnicebrew (sounds German so it'll sell grouse to all th
yuppies...

hipp
- Of course, the only reason it rained is because I bought a mudguar
the other day... and left it on the OTHER bike!! :

-

Old May 21st 04, 11:20 AM
BLDR

GREAT! just like me to stuff up a comeback! Above it says 'YOU obviously didn't understand that I was she was takeing it too seriously' It should say 'YOU obviously didn't understand that I was saying she was takeing it too seriously' Bugger! :

-