SYD: Bike Path closures

Old April 1st 07, 07:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
mikeg[_4_]

Default SYD: Bike Path closures

Yesterday when riding back home from Meadowbank Wharf, I observed some
signs which indicate bike path or route closures

1) Riverside pathway in Sydney Olympic Park will be closed between
Wilson Park and Louise Savage pathway over the Easter long weekend 6th
to 9th April due to The Great Escape Festival being held at the
Newington Armoury , Detour via Newington Road and busway, and Holker
Street. (this was on a sign resting against the wall of the Armoury
Cafe in the eating area).

and

2) Thackeray St Bridge will be closed in April for works on bridge bing
carried out by Sydney Water and Parramatta Council. Don't remeber the
exact date closure commences, but I think it was around 5th April.

I have been unable to find additional information on the web on sites
such as Sydney Olympic Park, Parramatta council, RTA, or Sydney Water.

Mike G

--
mikeg

PER Raffles Bike Path Gumby Australia 0 January 1st 07 06:20 AM
PER: bike path re-opens DeF Australia 4 March 18th 06 01:39 AM
Fight with a car....on the bike path! Deest Australia 18 January 3rd 06 05:29 AM
Craigieburn bypass bike path DaveB Australia 6 December 29th 05 04:09 AM
The Bike-Path Left Ken [NY) Social Issues 4 December 27th 03 05:41 AM