Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

Old June 5th 10, 05:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Anti-Mountain Bike Advocate Attacks Cyclists With Handsaw

"SMS" wrote in message
On 04/06/10 8:25 PM, Bill Weir wrote:

snip

Wrong. Mike has said it was ok for horses to use said trails. Get your
facts straight before you speak for the inmate.

And the issue was never about trail damage since horses do far more damage
to the trails than mountain bikes, and hikers with lug sole boots also
damage the trails, and destroy plants and wildlife.

It's always the attitude that "hikers were here first so we should have
exclusive use of the trails because it's unpleasant to have to be on the
lookout for mountain bikers.

Regardless of who was first, the fact is that hikers and bikers do not use
trails in the same way. They cannot coexist because of that.

Personally, what I'd like to see for mountain bikes is something similar
to what some lakes and reservoirs do in regards to alternating access for
self-powered and motorized boats (actually non-motorized boats are legal
any time but you really don't want to be out there with those crazies).
While it would be better for me if they banned all motor boats, I
recognize that the world does not revolve around kayakers and canoeists,
and that as much as I dislike motor boats, they should be able to use the
water too. They did ban two cycle engines on motor boats on a lot of lakes
and reservoirs, which lowered the noise level and the pollution of air and
water.

We can't all be using the same resource in different ways. Each use must
have a set-aside strictly for that use. It is absolutely insane to think
that hikers and bikers have anything in common. We use trails differently.
Therefore, each has to have their own trails.

I don't much like horses on hiking trails either, but there are so few that
I can abide them. Also, horses do not destroy the tranquility of my trail
use, whereas bikers do. That is really what it is all about with me. I am
not a purist like Mr. Vandeman.

I will now only hike in designated Wilderness Areas because bicycles are
absolutely banned from them. Thank God for that! A bicycle on a hiking trail
ruins everything for me. It makes me wish I had stayed at home.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 5th 10, 01:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bill Weir

On Jun 5, 12:50*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

It makes me wish I had stayed at home.

From the amount of posting you have done in the last 7 years (almost
33,000 posts) it's pretty clear that staying home is all you do.

I doubt you hike, bike or do much of anything beside trolling.

Old June 5th 10, 06:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Moi-aussi

"Moi-aussi" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:14:18 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

Moi-aussi (a coward and a scoundrel who hides behind a user name) wrote
about himself:

Mr. Vandeman must have posted at least 10,000 messages on these
newsgroups telling us where he stands and why. Obviously demented.

You make that sound like a good thing. LOL Pity the poor schlub
whose
job it is to mine those posts for evidence of Vandeman's inability to
reason. Maybe the prosecutor will print out the most damning bits and
wheel them into court ala Hannibal Lector. :-)

There is everything wrong with Mr. Vandeman's reasoning. It is the
mountain bikers who are forever pointing out his lack of reasoning
ability.

So you align yourself with a man who assaults people with a hand saw?
Is that the case? Do you have the guts to answer this question? If so,
you are an even bigger idiot than Mike.

Moi-aussi (a coward and a scoundrel who hides behind a user name) wrote
about himself:

I align myself with the only person on these newsgroups who has his head
up his ass. I need to get myself a brain. As it is, I am now the biggest
fool on these groups.. My Mind Numbing Stupidity allows me to stoop as
low as a dog turd in the grass, which is what I aspire to be as valuable
as.

I see you couldn't bring yourself to answer the question. Let me ask
again: Do you support attacking mountain bikers? A simple yes or no is
all that is needed. I know you won't, but that is to be expected.

**** you asshole!

Oh darn, you win!

The above will be my standard response to you from now on. Get used to it
because that is all you are ever going to get.

You are quite amusing.

And you are pathetic, but I knew that from day one.

Whatever will I do? Ed Dolan, the great atrophied conglomerate of degenerate
neurons, thinks I am pathetic. Woe and treachery! I am slain.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Oh yah? You smell bad and your mother dresses you funny! Neener, neener,
neener!!!!

Neener!!!!!!!!

Old June 5th 10, 06:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Moi-aussi

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Bill Weir" wrote in message
On Jun 4, 10:19 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Mr. Vandeman and I do not want "trail access for different groups of
trail
users." We want hiking trails for hikers only. Take your consensus and
shove
it up your ass!

Wrong. Mike has said it was ok for horses to use said trails. Get your

facts straight before you speak for the inmate.

Yes, we have to allow horses, although in an ideal world horses would have
their own trails. Horses and hikers mix OK provided there are not too many
horses. It is expensive to keep horses in our generation, so there are
never very many horses. I have hiked thousands of miles on hiking trails
and have encountered horse parties only rarely.

On the other hand, mountain bikers proliferate worse than locusts. We do
not need them on hiking trails. It is a conflicting use of a scarce
resource. Mountain bikers need their own trails. I would not object to
that at all. Maybe Mr. Vandeman would, but I would not.

Oooooh! Do I see some distancing going on here? Clever lad!

Regards,

Ed Dolan attempting the cleaner slate - Minnesota
aka
Snot Edward the Sewer Grate - Order of the Perpetual Wheelbarrows -
Minnesota

Old June 5th 10, 08:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bill Weir" wrote in message
On Jun 5, 12:50 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

It makes me wish I had stayed at home.

From the amount of posting you have done in the last 7 years (almost

33,000 posts) it's pretty clear that staying home is all you do.

I doubt you hike, bike or do much of anything beside trolling.

I will admit my hiking days are almost over. I still bike a lot
(recumbents), but only on paved surfaces. Also, my many cats keep me
hopping.

Old June 5th 10, 08:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bill Weir" wrote in message
[...]

Mr. Vandeman and I are not in perfect synch and never have been. If you
would read more carefully instead of giving us nothing but knee jerk
reactions, you would know that.

Mr. Vandeman is an optimist and thinks he can save the world, but I KNOW the
world is going to Hell and nothing can save it, not even a Second Coming!

Old June 5th 10, 10:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Jun 5, 12:44*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

I will admit my hiking days are almost over.

Which makes you unqualified to comment on the topic. End of
discussion.
Old June 6th 10, 01:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On Jun 5, 12:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

I will admit my hiking days are almost over.

Which makes you unqualified to comment on the topic. End of

discussion.

Nope, I spent 10 years doing nothing but hiking full time year around. But
back then (1965-75) the world was not so full of fools as it is today. This
discussion needs perspective and that is what I am here for.

Old June 6th 10, 02:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
JimmyMac

On Jun 3, 10:29*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Moi-aussi" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
. ..

. ..
wrote:

Mr. Vandeman must have posted at least 10,000 messages on these
newsgroups telling us where he stands and why.

You make that sound like a good thing. LOL *Pity the poor schlub whose
job it is to mine those posts for evidence of Vandeman's inability to
reason. Maybe the prosecutor will print out the most damning bits and
wheel them into court ala Hannibal Lector. * :-)

There is nothing wrong with Mr. Vandeman's reasoning. Au contraire, it is
the idiot mountain bikers who are forever displaying a lack of reasoning
ability.

So you align yourself with a man who assaults people with a hand saw? Is
that the case? Do you have the guts to answer this question? If so, you
are an even bigger idiot than Mike.

I align myself with the only person on these newsgroups who has a brain in
his head. You should try to get one yourself. As it is, you are almost too
big an idiot even for me. I said "almost", but my Greatness allows me to
stoop as low as a snake in the grass, which is what you are.

I understand that mountain biking is prohibited on this trail, but it
probably never occurred to the legislature to pass a law to prohibit
that hiking with a saw in hand. That begs some questions. What was
Mike doing with a saw anyway? I am reasonably certain that it is
illegal to play lumberjack in those woods, so isn't it reasonable to
assume that the saw was likely a premeditated choice of weaponry?
What gives Mike Vandeman the right to to assume the role of law
enforcement?

One can learn a lot about a man by what he does and does not do, be it
Mike or you for that matter. The DOES PART here is demonstrated by
your blind allegiance to and defense of a psychopathic criminal. and
the DOES NOT PART is demonstrated by your inability or unwillingness
to condemn an inexcusable and indefensible act of taking the law into
one's hand and inflicting injury on a fellow human being. Whether one
agrees with Mike Vandeman or not, it is obvious to all that he is
passionate about his beliefs. On the other hand, it is also obvious
to all, YOU being the ONLY exception, that the course of action chosen
constitutes a crime unacceptable in civilized society. What don't you
understand about assault (the threat) and battery (the action)? A
person is judged by the company one keeps. Your defense of Mike
Vandeman, speaks volumes.

Old June 6th 10, 07:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jun 3, 10:29 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I align myself with the only person on these newsgroups who has a brain in
his head. You should try to get one yourself. As it is, you are almost too
big an idiot even for me. I said "almost", but my Greatness allows me to
stoop as low as a snake in the grass, which is what you are.

I understand that mountain biking is prohibited on this trail, but it

probably never occurred to the legislature to pass a law to prohibit
that hiking with a saw in hand. That begs some questions. What was
Mike doing with a saw anyway? I am reasonably certain that it is
illegal to play lumberjack in those woods, so isn't it reasonable to
assume that the saw was likely a premeditated choice of weaponry?
What gives Mike Vandeman the right to to assume the role of law
enforcement?

Mr.Vandeman was probably carrying a handsaw to slash the tires of any
unattended bicycles he came across on that trail. Yes, it is vandalism, but
how else do you communicate anything to criminal mountain bikers.

One can learn a lot about a man by what he does and does not do, be it

Mike or you for that matter. The DOES PART here is demonstrated by
your blind allegiance to and defense of a psychopathic criminal. and
the DOES NOT PART is demonstrated by your inability or unwillingness
to condemn an inexcusable and indefensible act of taking the law into
one's hand and inflicting injury on a fellow human being.

He was probably just defending himself from two criminal mountain bikers and
used the weapon he had at hand.

Whether one

agrees with Mike Vandeman or not, it is obvious to all that he is
passionate about his beliefs. On the other hand, it is also obvious
to all, YOU being the ONLY exception, that the course of action chosen
constitutes a crime unacceptable in civilized society.

These newsgroups are chock full of human scum mountain bikers who regularly
ignore any and all rules that interfere with their cycling on hiking trails.

What don't you

understand about assault (the threat) and battery (the action)? A
person is judged by the company one keeps. Your defense of Mike
Vandeman, speaks volumes.

Your piling on also speaks volumes. The fact is that no one knows what took
place in any detail. It is all surmise. I am willing to let a trial and a
jury sort it out, but the human scum mountain bikers on these groups are
only too willing to believe guilty as charged. They are a disgrace to
civilization!