Good stuff from Jan

Old June 21st 05, 03:15 AM
Bill C

Default Good stuff from Jan

http://www.velonews.com/diaries/ride...es/8245.0.html
Maybe it's Jan's Achille's Heel that he really cares about the people
around him, and doesn't think he's the star. Jan needs his support
system, but he's always been at least as concerned with his teamates
and friends as he has with himself. The lack of a ruthless killer
instinct has given Lance his record run, but I still think Jan is a
better human being.
Bill C

Old June 21st 05, 04:07 AM
J.V.

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.velonews.com/diaries/ride...es/8245.0.html

and friends as he has with himself. The lack of a ruthless killer
instinct has given Lance his record run, but I still think Jan is a
better human being.
Bill C

Amen. He's not a bad cyclist either.

Anybody have any links or info about what happened between him and Gabby?

Old June 21st 05, 04:26 AM
Bill C

J.V. wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.velonews.com/diaries/ride...es/8245.0.html

and friends as he has with himself. The lack of a ruthless killer
instinct has given Lance his record run, but I still think Jan is a
better human being.
Bill C

Amen. He's not a bad cyclist either.

Anybody have any links or info about what happened between him and Gabby?

No, but I haven't been wading through the German magazines since my
ability is declining.
I think that Jan's love for the nightlife and spotlight killed it.
Everything I've seen says that Gabby is totally grounded in her family,
village, and community. She's not cut out to be a star wife, or star.
I can't fault her. The match just didn't work in the long run.
Bill C

Old June 21st 05, 05:18 PM
Chris Menzel

On 20 Jun 2005 20:26:35 -0700, Bill C said:

J.V. wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.velonews.com/diaries/ride...es/8245.0.html

and friends as he has with himself. The lack of a ruthless killer
instinct has given Lance his record run, but I still think Jan is a
better human being.
Bill C

Amen. He's not a bad cyclist either.

Anybody have any links or info about what happened between him and Gabby?

No, but I haven't been wading through the German magazines since my
ability is declining.
I think that Jan's love for the nightlife and spotlight killed it.

This story:

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor..._trennung.html

suggests that the couple simply drifted apart over time, due mostly to
the amount of time Ullrich's career kept him away from home, though it
also mentions Gaby's aversion to the limelight. Ullrich's 2002
shenanigens clearly put a strain on the relationship -- Gaby said at the
time she wasn't sure she could cope -- but they agreed to patch things
up and try a "new beginning", including a move to Switzerland and a
baby, but that was apparently not enough to keep them together. There
don't appear to be any other women, or other "dirty laundry", involved,
and Jan has provided generously for Gaby and the baby. He's living
alone in the house in Switzerland and Gaby has returned to her parents
with the kid.

Chris Menzel

Old June 21st 05, 06:06 PM
ronaldo_jeremiah

Chris Menzel wrote:
On 20 Jun 2005 20:26:35 -0700, Bill C said:

J.V. wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Check out the 'photo album' link - then see the second or third photo
for a laugh.

-RJ

Old June 21st 05, 06:54 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On 21 Jun 2005 10:06:50 -0700, ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
Check out the 'photo album' link - then see the second or third photo
for a laugh.

http://bilder.bild.t-online.de/BTO/s...perty=Bild.jpg
"2002: Zur Katar-Rundfahrt hat ihn Gaby begleitet. Ullrich gönnt sich in
einem Zelt-Restaurant einen Zug aus der Wasserpfeife
Foto: dpa"

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old June 21st 05, 06:56 PM
Bob Schwartz

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor..._trennung.html

Check out the 'photo album' link - then see the second or third photo
for a laugh.

Even better, click on 'Die besten Bilder' and check the gallery on the
lower left. It explains why soccer is more popular than cycling.

Bob Schwartz

Old June 21st 05, 07:59 PM
Bob Schwartz

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor...Picture=0.html

Old June 21st 05, 08:04 PM
gym.gravity

thinking of brasil...

http://www.office-humour.com/g/i/2524/

Old June 21st 05, 10:46 PM
Keith Alexander®

On 20 Jun 2005 19:15:44 -0700, "Bill C" wrote:

but I still think Jan is a better human being.

*** You met them both and spent some time with them, huh.

Cool.

---
k e i t h a l e x a n d e r
http://www.nootrope.net