I finally understand the Tour de France (and all of cycling as aresult)

Old July 19th 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

Default I finally understand the Tour de France (and all of cycling as aresult)

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/26/maga..._fortune_0612/
Old July 20th 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
ilan wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/26/maga..._fortune_0612/

There is as good a tutorial as has ever been written.

--
Michael Press
Old July 20th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DC

ilan said the following on 20/07/2009 2:04 AM:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/26/maga..._fortune_0612/

"Armstrong explained (in French and English) as they rode: Simeoni had
sinned earlier that year, insinuating to the press that drug use was
widespread among professional riders. Forget about whether it was true;
Simeoni violated the first rule of the peloton, which is don't bad-mouth
your fellow inmates."

"I was protecting the interests of the peloton," Armstrong explained
later. "All Simeoni wants to do is to destroy cycling...to destroy the
sport that pays him. The other riders were very grateful."

Punishing the whistle blower? I could imagine, in a different context, a
corrupt cop saying something similar.

Hey, hey, LEA, how many drugs did you take today.