Stolen Giant R1000 in Melbourne Uni

Old August 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
Tonyni

Default Stolen Giant R1000 in Melbourne Uni

Stolen Giant R1000 in Melbourne Uni
Yes I have. However, you'll be surprised that the bike racks aren't covered
by the surveillance cameras.

If you know the new law building area, the bike racks are situated just
outside the building beside the security receiption. However, from where the
security guards are sitting, they can't see the bike racks because there is
a solid wall. There is a camera pointing to another exit of the building
just 10m down the street (pointing to the opposite direction of the bike
racks), however, due to the angle of the camera shot they can't even see any
bikes going past clearly. Also, they are using 3 hours tapes to record 24
hours. That means they'll probably get 3 frames of anyone going past on the
tapes.

These are all information given to me by the security guard in the law
building. I would be very happy if you can prove me (and hence them) wrong,
and tell me that there IS a camera pointing towards the bike racks or
anything else.

cheers,
Tony

"Steve Hubbard" ¦b¶l¥ó

¤¤¼¶¼g...
Tony,
Have you asked Melbourne Uni security to check the surveillance camera

footage?
My thesis topic is surveillance and I was discussing your situation with

my supervisor (who is an avid cyclist) and he commented that there isn¡¦t a
square inch of campus not covered by a camera ¡V including the new law
school.
Steve.