rear wheel - quick release - newbie question...

Old September 2nd 04, 04:20 AM
toravir

Default rear wheel - quick release - newbie question...

Hi,
I am not fully familiar with the rearwheel quick release even
though i have removed and fitted it 10/15 times now. here is the
question - i decided to clean the cassette and i removed the rearwheel
and after i fit it back, i guess the wheel went unaligned - because i
see that one of the brake pads scratch when in locked position. -- not
sure why it can get out of alignment... the quick release seems a
straight fwd logic, but doesn't occur to me as to what can be done to
it

any pointers/suggestions much appreciated.

thanks,
ravi
Old September 2nd 04, 06:18 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Jeff Starr" wrote: (clip) Just keep messing with it, until you get it right
Because the wheel has a much larger radius than width, a very small error in
seating the axle will be magnified at the rim. The way I know I got it
right is that my brakes start working right, instead of dragging on one
side.