replacement Krypto locks

Old February 9th 05, 07:49 PM

Default replacement Krypto locks

I received a pair of replacement EV Disc locks from Krypto yesterday,
the orange ones with a regular flat key. I sent in the Bic-able ones a
week or so ago with their return slips.
It has been a while since I first registered for replacement, but
considering they had to redesign the lock, I'm pretty happy.

/s

Old February 9th 05, 08:00 PM
John Harlow

considering they had to redesign the lock, I'm pretty happy.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/589/

Old February 10th 05, 01:33 AM
Slacker

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:00:29 -0500, John Harlow =

wrote:

considering they had to redesign the lock, I'm pretty happy.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/589/

Forget that, check this one out http://www.compfused.com/directlink/563/=

-- =

Slacker
Old February 10th 05, 07:48 PM

considering they had to redesign the lock, I'm pretty happy.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/589/

As much as I despise thieves of any variety, I'll watch a bike get

stolen
before confronting anyone on the streets of Manhattan. That may sound

weird
but my guess is anyone else who has lived there can relate.

I can't quite relate, but I can understand what you're saying: you're a
pussy.

Scott

Old February 10th 05, 08:23 PM
Dave

I can't quite relate, but I can understand what you're saying: you're a
pussy.

Scott

Yeah guess you got me figured out there...

Someone's life's at stake and I'll intervene. I'll risk my life stopping a
street burglary? No thanks.

What are YOU going to do? Fight him? Make a citizen's arrest?

You're either a hell of a lot bigger than me or never lived in New York.

Go get them theives tough guy...

Old February 10th 05, 10:37 PM
Corvus Corvax

Dave wrote:

You're either a hell of a lot bigger than me or never lived in New

York.

Right. Scott's a wimpy little guy from New Jersey ;-).

I got my new Kryptos a few weeks ago. (I especially like the keys with
the little LED lights for unlocking at night.) Props to Kryptonite for
doing the right thing instead of circling the wagons.

CC

Old February 11th 05, 12:15 AM
J G

"Corvus Corvax" wrote

Right. Scott's a wimpy little guy from New Jersey ;-).

And I'm just a pacifist from NH living in the most violent City in the
Nation......

I had someone shoot me with a paint pellet gun while
riding.....fscking b@stArd got orange dye all over my riding jacket.

I scared the living sh!t out of him when I drew down on him with the
S&W .40 , proceeded to cuff him and waited a half hour for the local
PD to come pick him up... bet he's not going to fsck with any more
mountain bikers!

I got my new Kryptos a few weeks ago. (I especially like the keys

with
the little LED lights for unlocking at night.) Props to Kryptonite

for
doing the right thing instead of circling the wagons.

Got my new lock and two keys but no lighted key, like the one I sent
in.......

Old February 11th 05, 12:34 AM
Mark Hickey

"J G" wrote:

"Corvus Corvax" wrote

Right. Scott's a wimpy little guy from New Jersey ;-).

And I'm just a pacifist from NH living in the most violent City in the
Nation......

I had someone shoot me with a paint pellet gun while
riding.....fscking b@stArd got orange dye all over my riding jacket.

I scared the living sh!t out of him when I drew down on him with the
S&W .40 , proceeded to cuff him and waited a half hour for the local
PD to come pick him up... bet he's not going to fsck with any more
mountain bikers!

If there had been a video camera present, you'd be the highlight on
one of those "I can't believe how stupid criminals are" TV shows. I
woulda paid to watch that one!

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old February 11th 05, 01:40 AM
Dave

I scared the living sh!t out of him when I drew down on him with the
S&W .40 , proceeded to cuff him and waited a half hour for the local
PD to come pick him up... bet he's not going to fsck with any more
mountain bikers!

Good on ya!

I've heard similar stories but they all have one common thread...it involved
*you* or *your* bike. Last time someone tried to jack my bike (in NYC) it
almost cost me an asskicking, but that's the only way I was giving it up. Ok
if he showed me a gun he could have the bike.

Still waiting for Scott's answer as to what he would do if he saw someone's
bike getting ripped off, or maybe he has some more good names to call me for
stating the obvious reason as to why nobody in the video bothered to
question a blatant bike thief holding something that could be quickly
smacked upside your head.

-Dave

Old February 11th 05, 03:19 AM
J G

"Dave" wrote I've heard similar stories but they
all have one common thread...it involved
*you* or *your* bike.

I refuse to be a victim, it's just part of my nature.
If you act like an easy mark you will be one.

Then again, cruising around Third and Mallory or Beale and Second
givea a whole new meaning to "Urban Assault"

More often than not a good blast of OCS (pepper foam) will take care
of most miscreants ;-)

Alex Rim Replacement John Everett Techniques 5 November 3rd 04 11:14 PM
? on crcular locks gds General 2 September 22nd 04 02:19 AM
knee replacement and cycling Patrick Clark General 2 August 4th 04 04:34 AM
Kryptonite Locks safe? Thomas Schmidt Mountain Biking 60 July 7th 04 08:00 AM
Bike Lock info (Krypto specific) Chris Mountain Biking 1 April 18th 04 11:21 PM