BCT Trail Work Day

Old February 12th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default BCT Trail Work Day

Some of you might remember me talking about the new Black Canyon Trail
system going in North of Phoenix. We had another great turnout of people on
Saturday cutting in another half mile or more of trail through some pretty
tough terrain. For a few pictures, a short write-up and links to more
photos and the BCT website click below

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Gary

Old February 13th 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Enjoy Destroying Wildlife Habitat! (was BCT Trail Work Day)

\On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:26:43 -0700, "GeeDubb"
wrote:

Some of you might remember me talking about the new Black Canyon Trail
system going in North of Phoenix. We had another great turnout of people on
Saturday cutting in another half mile or more of trail through some pretty
tough terrain. For a few pictures, a short write-up and links to more
photos and the BCT website click below

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Disgusting. Where do you get the right to destroy wildlife habitat,
especially for cheap thrills like mountain biking? And you want to
call yourselves "environmentalists"?!

Gary

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 13th 07, 05:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dean A. Stepper

"GeeDubb" wrote in message
m...
Some of you might remember me talking about the new Black Canyon Trail
system going in North of Phoenix. We had another great turnout of people
on Saturday cutting in another half mile or more of trail through some
pretty tough terrain. For a few pictures, a short write-up and links to
more photos and the BCT website click below

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Gary

A big thanks Gary, rode some of that trail X-Mas day. I spend time in
Prescott and will enjoy your guys hardwork soon.

Dean

Old February 13th 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

Default Vandeman one post closer to death

wrote:

Some of you might remember me talking about the new Black Canyon Trail
system going in North of Phoenix. We had another great turnout of people on
Saturday cutting in another half mile or more of trail through some pretty
tough terrain. For a few pictures, a short write-up and links to more
photos and the BCT website click below

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Disgusting. Where do you get the right to destroy wildlife habitat,
especially for cheap thrills like mountain biking? And you want to
call yourselves "environmentalists"?!

Doesn't it burn you up? How
about knowing you're
absolutely powerless to stop
it? How about knowing the
world laughs at you?
Old February 13th 07, 03:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Ale Brewer

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Disgusting. Where do you get the right to destroy wildlife habitat,
especially for cheap thrills like mountain biking? And you want to
call yourselves "environmentalists"?!

Mike,
Funny thing is, the article states that only about half of the people
there were Mountain Bikers. That means the other half were not. They were
demonstrating cooperation between groups.

The other half that were not mountain bikers, who were they? Were
they there for cheap thrills to? Probably not. Probably hikers,
equestrians and people who like to enjoy the outdoors. Not sitting inside,
angrily typing away on a computer to a bunch of people who ridicule you
every chance we get.

Old February 13th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kernix

wrote:

Some of you might remember me talking about the new Black Canyon Trail
system going in North of Phoenix. We had another great turnout of people on
Saturday cutting in another half mile or more of trail through some pretty
tough terrain. For a few pictures, a short write-up and links to more
photos and the BCT website click below

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Disgusting. Where do you get the right to destroy wildlife habitat,
especially for cheap thrills like mountain biking? And you want to
call yourselves "environmentalists"?!

Doesn't it burn you up? How
about knowing you're
absolutely powerless to stop
it? How about knowing the
world laughs at you?

Wait a minute - how is a hiking trail any different? You're talking
about a trail that is not that wide is such a large area? I'm a hiker,
mtn biker, canoer, orienteer, camper and soon to be sailor - why can't
bikers enjoy the outdoors. I mean the Appalachian Mountain Club
maintains the miles of trail every year - each year debris or erosion
has to be cleared/fixed, as well as trimming back of weeds, branches,
bushes, etc. How is this any different?

Now you can come back with an argument that some mtn bikers will make
new paths for challenges - true - some who don't think about the
impact, idiots - I personally wouldn't veer off the trails - but
that's right up there with campers/hikers who leave trash or cut down
trees.

And I'd rather see a THIN (in comparison to the entire park/area),
DEFINED bike trail than no trail at all - at least with a defined
trail, the majority of bikers will stick to the trail - as opposed to
no trail and every biker making there own trail and thus doing much
more overall damage.

You guys have to get a clue - it's just not your wilderness!

Old February 13th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

Kernix wrote:
wrote:
[...]

We never said it was. Try
reading some threads around
here. . . I'm also many of the
things above, and the problem
with MV is not that we don't
share, but that we enjoy at all.
Old February 15th 07, 05:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On 13 Feb 2007 07:35:33 -0800, "Kernix" wrote:

wrote:

Some of you might remember me talking about the new Black Canyon Trail
system going in North of Phoenix. We had another great turnout of people on
Saturday cutting in another half mile or more of trail through some pretty
tough terrain. For a few pictures, a short write-up and links to more
photos and the BCT website click below

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/in...showtopic=5095

Disgusting. Where do you get the right to destroy wildlife habitat,
especially for cheap thrills like mountain biking? And you want to
call yourselves "environmentalists"?!

Doesn't it burn you up? How
about knowing you're
absolutely powerless to stop
it? How about knowing the
world laughs at you?

Wait a minute - how is a hiking trail any different?

It's narrower. Hikers can pass each other in less space than two
bikers can pass each other (due to the handlebars).

You're talking
about a trail that is not that wide is such a large area? I'm a hiker,
mtn biker, canoer, orienteer, camper and soon to be sailor - why can't
bikers enjoy the outdoors.

They CAN -- just like everyone else: on foot!

[...]

You make no sense whatsoever. How does a bike ban keep mountain bikers
out??????????????????????????????????? Idiot.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 15th 07, 05:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
cc

wrote:
[...]

This is just incorrect. I've
been on countless biking and
hiking trails, and the
difference is negligible. Some
of the tightest trails I've
been on were for bikers and
hikers.

You're talking
about a trail that is not that wide is such a large area? I'm a hiker,
mtn biker, canoer, orienteer, camper and soon to be sailor - why can't
bikers enjoy the outdoors.

They CAN -- just like everyone else: on foot!

Mike, it's about time you
stopped posting this bull****
semantic argument. If you ban
the bikes, you ban mountain
bikers. When I'm on the trail
without my bike, I'm a hiker.
Douchebag.

Old February 16th 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:
[...]

So you admit that there is a difference -- as I said! QED