Why do my buns fall asleep on my Rans Screamer??

Old August 24th 04, 12:16 AM
Rex Duffin

Default Why do my buns fall asleep on my Rans Screamer??

After about 1 hr in the "saddle" (captain seat) my rear end starts
hurting. I'm sure it's because of the low angle of the seat, causing
cut off of blood circulation. The stoker's seat is angled nicely, but
there's no adjustment that I know of to change the angle of the
captains seat. Anybody else have this problem?? Help me wake my
sleepy buns !!
Old August 24th 04, 01:15 PM
carpe_slug

Rex,

We got our Screamer of April of this yr and on our first few rides I
had the same problem that you're describing. For me, I lowered the
seat back almost as far as it would go. In theory, this shifts the
weight off of my butt and onto my back. Now I can ride for hours. Hope
this helps!
Old September 6th 04, 05:24 AM
Jim V.

I've had the similar problems since I purchased my Screamer in 2001. But my
problem was that I could only do about 25 miles at a time, then would have
to get off for about 2-3 minutes and then could go another 25 miles. My
Vision seat hasn't caused any seat pain problems. I've tried the RANS seat
in all positions I could, with no change in pain noted. I just purchased a
firmer pad from RANS. I've only had time to ride it around the block since
installing the pad. I'll let you know how it works as time goes on.

Jim Vincent
RANS Screamer - Vision R50