Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

Old April 15th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Buying an SUV traps you in the rat race!

Jack May wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jack May wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jens Müller wrote:
Tom Sherman schrieb:
Pat and Jack May obviously have the belief that bipedal apes can
overcome any problem through technological development. That is foolish
hubris, since these bipedal apes are not all powerful. It will be
amusing to observe the reaction of the bipedal apes when the ecological
limits of what the Earth can support are exceeded for an extended
period.
Well we bipedal apes have a long track record of solving problems.
Since problem solving with technology grows exponentially over time,
there is a very good chance we can continue to solve problems.

More foolish hubris. Pride goes before the fall.

Again you are just ****ed because nobody probably considers you part of
the solution and will pay you for solutions.

Another stupid assumption. However, I know I am not a parasite on others,
unlike so many of the "successful".

More of you being ****ed off at not being able to be successful in life.

How would Mr. May know? Omniscience? Sheesh!

I have a middle class income, which I more than earn, rather than
leaching off the labor of others.

Old April 15th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
dgk

Default Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:56:57 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:51:15 -0700, "Jack May"
wrote:

"Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"
wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:48:17 -0700, "Jack May"
wrote:

Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
The
result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
increased pollution and green house gases.
That's so stupid, my head exploded.
The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5% of
the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
you are worthless as a person.

And that's why SF is in the running for Congestion Pricing, to force
folks off of their cars and into more efficient transportation.
Unfortunately, here in NYC, mass transit is so overutilized that we
can't squeeze more drivers into the trains.

Not that I believe your numbers of course.

A superior human being prefers to ride a bicycle.

Naturally, but sometimes those trains are very convenient. If the
choice is driving or biking, I bike. But when I can sit on a train and
read, that is also nice. The jury may be out on whether to listen to
the radio while biking, but I think we all agree that reading while
biking is a no no.

Rider dies in car collision [email protected] General 15 June 9th 07 01:12 AM
Traffic Citations & Traffic Cops Freddie Mountain Biking 0 March 23rd 06 05:02 AM
Another bike in collision with a car... wafflycat UK 34 December 31st 05 03:50 AM
My first collision Alan J. Wylie UK 26 April 15th 05 07:44 AM
In collision with... Just zis Guy, you know? UK 22 August 3rd 03 05:08 PM