WHOOPS! Eight-Year-Old Girl Dies in Frisco Mountain Bike Accident (TX)

Old August 5th 13, 11:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Eight-Year-Old Girl Dies in Frisco Mountain Bike Accident (TX)

On Monday, August 5, 2013 2:39:14 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 4:06:48 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Monday, August 5, 2013 7:25:03 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote: "WHOOPS" is the indicator that a horrific mountain biking accident is about to be discussed. So it's a public service that I provide. The death of anyone, particularly a child, is a tragedy. Mountainbiking has a death rate estimated at 0.00123 per million miles travelled; which makes it very safe. It is safer than driving and safer than sitting on your couch getting heart disease. You know that is pure BS. The lack of citing any scientific evidence is a good indication that you are just bluffing. If you actually CARED, which you DON'T, you would do enough research to get an accurate assessment, instead of calculating using unreliable figures on the back of an envelope.. Unfortunately, the laws of statistics are such that even very safe activities, such as riding a train, do result in fatalities as we have seen in the month of July. You claim to know statistics so you should know this. That you then ignore your education to advance a flawed agenda using a tragedy makes you one sick puppy. Get help. Funny you talk about citation.. You have failed to provide any real references to support your claims about mountain biking...

Liar: http://mjvande.nfshost.com/scb7.htm
Old August 6th 13, 02:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 10:52:17 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

And so a website with links to unpublished conference papers, obscure and very old literature reviews and opinion pieces is meant to be taken as scientific fact? Come on Mike - pull the other one old chum. We are not stupid. Provide us with some references from a real science journals such as conservation biology or biological conservation which provides empirical evidence that mountain biking does more harm than good to the environment?
Old August 6th 13, 04:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Monday, August 5, 2013 6:15:03 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
[...]

You wouldn't know good research if you saw it. And, yes, you are indeed stupid, not to be able to recognize the truth when you see it.
Old August 6th 13, 05:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 3:49:36 PM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Come on Mike you surely can come up with a better response than that?
Old August 6th 13, 09:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

The death of anyone, particularly a child, is a tragedy. Mountainbiking has a
death rate estimated at 0.00123 per million miles travelled; which makes it very safe. It is safer than driving and safer than sitting on your couch getting heart disease.

You know that is pure BS. The lack of citing any scientific evidence is a
good indication that you are just bluffing. If you actually CARED, which you
DON'T, you would do enough research to get an accurate assessment, instead of
calculating using unreliable figures on the back of an envelope.

Ah Mike Mike Mike ... you have no idea how funny this is because you obviously spout so much drivel that you forget what you've previously said.

The figures to calculate this death rate came from .... YOUR WEBSITE :-). It's all here in this thread https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....g/0KXsYu_iyJ8J

Given that you're not interested in the truth and have a clear observation bias, I would expect the real figure to be significantly lower.

Old August 6th 13, 03:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

Liar: http://mjvande.nfshost.com/scb7.htm

And so a website with links to unpublished conference papers, obscure and very old literature reviews and opinion pieces is meant to be taken as scientific fact? Come on Mike - pull the other one old chum. We are not stupid.. Provide us with some references from a real science journals such as conservation biology or biological conservation which provides empirical evidence that mountain biking does more harm than good to the environment?

Mike can't provide you with any real scientific references ... because they all refute his premises. So, he has to resort to writing his own opinion pieces and then referring back to them as if they had some kind of merit. They don't, as you quite rightly point out.
Old August 6th 13, 05:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 7:11:11 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
Liar: http://mjvande.nfshost.com/scb7.htm And so a website with links to unpublished conference papers, obscure and very old literature reviews and opinion pieces is meant to be taken as scientific fact? Come on Mike - pull the other one old chum. We are not stupid. Provide us with some references from a real science journals such as conservation biology or biological conservation which provides empirical evidence that mountain biking does more harm than good to the environment? Mike can't provide you with any real scientific references ... because they all refute his premises.

You obviously haven't a clue. You don't even know the difference between premises and conclusions! Keep it up. You are proving, for the millionth time, that all mountain bikers are lying idiots.

Old August 6th 13, 10:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 4:51:01 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Typical response....You are getting desperate.
Old August 7th 13, 12:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 2:19:36 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
[...]

Look up "projection" in a dictionary of psychology. Or just look in a mirror -- if you can stand it.