2005 Models

Old July 7th 04, 07:57 AM
Ben Yap

Default 2005 Models

Hi all:

When do manufacturers normally release the new models for 2005?

Thanks
Ben

Old July 7th 04, 04:47 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

When do manufacturers normally release the new models for 2005?

It depends upon a number of factors-

#1: Is there actually a change in the spec of the bike, or just colors? If
just colors, then it often happens quite early. For example, some new TREK
'05 hybrids are already out, as well as many kids bikes.

#2: Many high-end bikes, particularly mountain & road bikes, come out when
Shimano supplies the new gear. This can be anytime from July-November.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 7th 04, 04:58 PM
Badger_South

#1: Is there actually a change in the spec of the bike, or just colors? If

#2: Many high-end bikes, particularly mountain & road bikes, come out when
Shimano supplies the new gear. This can be anytime from July-November.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Were there any changes to the 7500FX? How do you tell which year one's bike
is?

-B

Old July 7th 04, 05:30 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Were there any changes to the 7500FX? How do you tell which year one's
bike
is?

Hope not; I like it just the way it is! More seriously, they haven't
released any info on the '05 version yet, and possibly won't until the
dealer show TREK holds in mid-August.

As always, the best way to get your money's worth out of your bike is to
ride it, and from your posts, I think you're on track with that one. I
wouldn't worry too much about a manufacturer pulling a rabbit out of a hat
and making you wish you'd waited... but even if they did, think of how much
you would have missed out on if you hadn't been riding your new bike for the
past few months!

Old July 7th 04, 05:59 PM
Badger_South

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:30:01 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Were there any changes to the 7500FX? How do you tell which year one's
bike is?

Hope not; I like it just the way it is! More seriously, they haven't
released any info on the '05 version yet, and possibly won't until the
dealer show TREK holds in mid-August.

As always, the best way to get your money's worth out of your bike is to
ride it, and from your posts, I think you're on track with that one.

I wish. g However I'm planning bike vacation #2, heading back to Va Beach
to ride the flats. I'm hoping to really push it and do a minimum of 2hrs
per session and as the hip holds out, two sessions a day as often as
possible. I've been putting in the daily mileage for such a push, and
though still beginner level, I'm so far beyond where I thought I'd be a
year ago, it's hard to complain too much.

Been great riding here this week - several days where I was out there
during a light rain during which the sun came out. Magical - stuff like
this only happens crusing on a bike - it's obviously not the same in a
car. Even jogging speed isn't quite as nice.

At the end of the vacation I'm heading back to where I grew up (Tidewater
area), for another week of riding, and will be biking the old routes I did
as a high schooler, (where I delivered papers, rode to my lifeguard job at
a neighborhood pool, etc). The roads there are still pretty bike-friendly

I wouldn't worry too much about a manufacturer pulling a rabbit out of a hat
and making you wish you'd waited... but even if they did, think of how much
you would have missed out on if you hadn't been riding your new bike for the
past few months!

Ah, wasn't even thinking about that, much, was just curious. So is the
model year on the bike somewhere or the instruction sheet, if you know?

Best,

-Badger