1998 Ellsworth Truth: What's it worth?

Old March 29th 05, 04:54 PM
Maggie

Tama wrote:
I'm amazed at how quickly tangents appear in these threads.

Was that the one recorded by Michael Mcginnis "Tangents". Are you
Irish? Good sounds.
All good things,
Maggie

Old March 30th 05, 03:12 PM
Craig Brossman

Tama wrote:
I'm interested in buying a friend's 1998 Ellsworth Truth. It has
Shimano XT disk brakes, shifters and deraillures. Nice Mavic rims with
new tires. He's offered to tear it down and bring it back up from
scratch, including replacing all the bushings in the rear pivots to get
the bike as "like new" as possible. He's also offered to help get the
shocks set up to my weight, and to help get the bars and seat adjusted
to my height.

He wasn't sure what he should sell it for, but was thinking $1,000
would be fair. Any suggestions? It sounds like a good deal to me,
especially with all the help getting it set up.

Thanks,

Tama

Check the pivots, I sold my '98 truth a year ago for $400 or $500 for
the frame, but had redone all the bushings shortly before.
Mine was also shot peened, which both adds to the strength and holds up
very well cosmetically, it looked very good. The condition and newness
of the fork should also be a considerationi.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."
Edward R. Murrow
Old March 31st 05, 07:37 AM
Tama

Thanks, Craig. The plan is to get a new bushing kit and start fresh.
The front fork is my biggest question now. I'm not sure what's on it.
A Manitou of some sort. I'll try to make sure the fork is in good
shape before I buy.

Thanks again-

Tama

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
WTT: Ellsworth Truth for 'cross frame Jeremy Smith Marketplace 0 May 27th 04 07:41 PM
Jim McNamare, Ed Gin, and Other Postings.....an infinite amount of Monkeys. iLiad Recumbent Biking 55 September 30th 03 05:21 PM