Bicycle sleeves keep slipping; how to prevent it?

Old June 30th 05, 08:10 PM

Default Bicycle sleeves keep slipping; how to prevent it?

My lycra bicycle sleeves keep slipping.

(These are separate sleeves that I wear with
short-sleeved shirts.)

Is this a common problem? How can I prevent it?

The idea of an over-the-shoulder garter belt does
not appeal to me ;-).

Old June 30th 05, 08:36 PM
gds

or you could just get the right size. nless the grippers are worn out I
think it is a matter of sizing-circumference rather than length

Old June 30th 05, 10:09 PM

In article .com,
wrote:
My lycra bicycle sleeves keep slipping.

(These are separate sleeves that I wear with
short-sleeved shirts.)

Better quality "sleeves" have rubber grippers at the tops to hold them up.
Slip the tops under your shirt sleeves for extra grip (especially if your
shirt also has a gripper).
Old June 30th 05, 10:24 PM
maxo

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:10:27 -0700, nomail1983 wrote:

My lycra bicycle sleeves keep slipping.

(These are separate sleeves that I wear with short-sleeved shirts.)

Is this a common problem? How can I prevent it?

The idea of an over-the-shoulder garter belt does not appeal to me ;-).

http://www.johnhelmer.com/prod.itml/icOid/108

:P

I actually used to have a set of those, and NO I don't play ragtime piano
or have a funny moustache.
Old July 1st 05, 12:45 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

Is this a common problem?

Yes.

How can I prevent it?
=20
The idea of an over-the-shoulder garter belt does not appeal to me

Nor to me, but you're on the right track. What worked best for me was=20
suspenders: I bought a pair of cheap clip-on elastic suspenders and cut=20
each of the two front straps with the adjusters [away from the sewed=20
junction in back] to about twenty inches long. Then I removed the two=20
clips from the sewed-together rear pieces, and sewed them onto the free=20
ends of the two cut-off front lengths. Now I had two elastic straps with =

adjusters and with clips on each end.

To put on the sleeves, I clipped both straps 180=C2=B0 apart onto the big=
end=20
of one of them, then put it on with one clip forward [toward the chest]=20
and the other toward the back. The strap clipped forward went 'round the =

back of the neck and clipped to the forward side of the other sleeve;=20
the strap clipped rearward went 'round the front of the neck and clipped =

to the rearward side of the other sleeve.

The sleeves never slipped, even when I rolled off the road into a ditch=20
before dawn one morning and tumbled to a stop.

--=20
Old July 1st 05, 02:58 AM
maxo

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:45:46 -0700, LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
wrote:

Nor to me, but you're on the right track. What worked best for me was
suspenders: I bought a pair of cheap clip-on elastic suspenders and cut
each of the two front straps with the adjusters [away from the sewed
junction in back] to about twenty inches long

You can buy something that looks exactly like that in the bedding
department, it's used to keep flat sheets from slipping.