Technical???

Old August 22nd 05, 04:09 AM
Mike Halliday

Default Technical???

OK I know this is a basic question, but y'all seem real nice, soo :

When I see trails discussed often they mention "Technical sectios" or
"Technical challenges" ....

What does that refer to? It sounded like obstacles to get over, but I
am sure there is a precise explanation with a term like "technical"
;-)

MIke

Old August 22nd 05, 06:38 AM
Raptor

Mike Halliday wrote:
OK I know this is a basic question, but y'all seem real nice, soo :

When I see trails discussed often they mention "Technical sectios" or
"Technical challenges" ....

What does that refer to? It sounded like obstacles to get over, but I
am sure there is a precise explanation with a term like "technical"
;-)

MIke

That's about right. Depending on the degree of technicality, it means,
"most riders will walk the section, whether they start walking or not."

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Old August 22nd 05, 04:47 PM
JD

Technical does refer to obstacles, though the severity is all in the
eye of the individual rider. A Florida "mountain biker" may think that
a few roots denotes technical, whereas a well-traveled mountain biker
may not.

JD

Old August 22nd 05, 06:49 PM
Dave W

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Technical does refer to obstacles, though the severity is all in the
eye of the individual rider. A Florida "mountain biker" may think that
a few roots denotes technical, whereas a well-traveled mountain biker
may not.

JD

Careful JD....your snobbery is showing....