Hartman's photos

Old January 26th 04, 04:33 PM
MattB

Default Hartman's photos

Conditions aren't really conducive to riding, so I skied Hartman's solo
again yesterday. Here's a few photos I snapped between waves of brutal wind
and blowing snow. It was really cold when these little cells would blow
through, but then pretty nice between waves. I was out for a couple of hours
breaking trail through the new snow we've had the last couple of days. Hard
work even on the parts where it isn't blown in up to my waist!
This is the most snow Hartman's has actually held for several years.
Usually it melts off pretty quickly because the rocks radiate so much
warmth - but not this year. I even made a few awkward skinny ski tele turns
on the way back to the front. That was fun.

Looking East on Hogsback
http://mattb.net/images/04-01-25%20(hartman%20ski)/hogsback1.jpg

Looking West on Hogsback
http://mattb.net/images/04-01-25%20(hartman%20ski)/hogsback2.jpg

Fresh tracks
http://mattb.net/images/04-01-25%20(hartman%20ski)/hogsback+ski.jpg

Looking back
http://mattb.net/images/04-01-25%20(hartman%20ski)/hogsback3.jpg

Heading up to a gap
http://mattb.net/images/04-01-25%20(hartman%20ski)/hogsback4.jpg

--

Matt

"Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

Old January 26th 04, 05:00 PM
Carla A-G

"MattB" wrote in message
[...]

Wait a minute, shouldn't this be posted in alt.ski.freaks or something???

:-)

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old January 26th 04, 05:13 PM
MattB

Carla A-G wrote:
snip

Wait a minute, shouldn't this be posted in alt.ski.freaks or
something???

Probably, but they ARE mountain bike trails, and I'd be mountain biking on
them if I could...

But hey, gimmie a break! It's the best I can do right now!

Matt

Old January 26th 04, 05:35 PM
Carla A-G

"MattB" wrote in message
But hey, gimmie a break! It's the best I can do right now!

We've resorted to skating and playing hockey. I'm finally coming out of my
flu and starting to get some of my energy back, but unfortunately, I'm not
quite ready to hit the trails yet.

We've had a little bit of a set back tho, Jim slipped on a patch of ice last
night, unexpectedly, and fell hard on his left knee. Its not looking too
good right now...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old January 26th 04, 06:18 PM
MattB

Carla A-G wrote:
"MattB" wrote in message
But hey, gimmie a break! It's the best I can do right now!

We've resorted to skating and playing hockey. I'm finally coming out
of my flu and starting to get some of my energy back, but
unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to hit the trails yet.

Be careful playing hockey. It's perfect for a fixed foot lateral knee blow.
I guess you probably aren't throwing/taking too many checks, but just be
aware of that!

Good to hear you're emerging from the flu. Did you get a flu shot this year?

We've had a little bit of a set back tho, Jim slipped on a patch of
ice last night, unexpectedly, and fell hard on his left knee. Its not
looking too good right now...

That sucks! On the bright side, most knee pain from impacts are just
pressure on the knee from a swollen bruise rather than actual structural
damage (assuming he didn't chip or break anything). Push the ice and
ibuprofen - and elevation wouldn't hurt either!

Good luck to both of you gimps!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass! (as long as their knees are holding up)

Matt

Old January 26th 04, 06:38 PM
Carla A-G

"MattB" wrote in message
Be careful playing hockey. It's perfect for a fixed foot lateral knee

blow.
I guess you probably aren't throwing/taking too many checks, but just be
aware of that!

I've never had a problem with playing hockey (despite my various ankle
injuries from my soccer playing days), and its non-contact for us.

Good to hear you're emerging from the flu. Did you get a flu shot this

year?

I got the flu shot, apparently, it didn't work.

That sucks! On the bright side, most knee pain from impacts are just
pressure on the knee from a swollen bruise rather than actual structural
damage (assuming he didn't chip or break anything). Push the ice and
ibuprofen - and elevation wouldn't hurt either!

Let's hope that's all it is. The icing, ibuprofen and elevation is in
process.

Good luck to both of you gimps!

Indeed, thanks!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old January 26th 04, 07:16 PM
bomba

Carla A-G wrote:

I've never had a problem with playing hockey (despite my various ankle
injuries from my soccer playing days), and its non-contact for us.

What's the point in ice hockey without the violence?

Old January 26th 04, 07:24 PM
Penny S

Carla A-G wrote:
"MattB" wrote in message
[...]

You might want to try the ice cube bath soak for Jim's knee. You might have
to fill a cooler or a tub to be able to get a knee in tho??

penny

Old January 26th 04, 07:38 PM
Carla A-G

"bomba" wrote in message
What's the point in ice hockey without the violence?

Because you get to work on your skating and stick-handling skills. That's a
workout in itself...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old January 26th 04, 07:54 PM
Penny S

MattB wrote:
Carla A-G wrote:
snip

Wait a minute, shouldn't this be posted in alt.ski.freaks or
something???

Probably, but they ARE mountain bike trails, and I'd be mountain
biking on them if I could...

But hey, gimmie a break! It's the best I can do right now!

Matt

beside, amb is more fun than rsa.

;-)