58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

Old January 19th 17, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:27:42 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:25:55 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:56:58 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://goo.gl/wNZXfd

It's raining again

The mighty Pajaro
https://www.google.com/search?q=paja...6C5dCqk89ZM%3A

++++++++++++++++

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=mtr

Pajaro is the round green dot above 's' in Salina's'.

http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/california.shtml

I know the Pacheco ? runs into a canyon below San Juan Batista ? not much flow in there at that time.

Pajaro runs thru town ? channelized ? ungh lotta crap into the Bay.

Old January 19th 17, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 8:07:20 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 2:27:42 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:25:55 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:56:58 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://goo.gl/wNZXfd

It's raining again

The mighty Pajaro
https://www.google.com/search?q=paja...6C5dCqk89ZM%3A

++++++++++++++++

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=mtr

Pajaro is the round green dot above 's' in Salina's'.

http://geology.com/lakes-rivers-water/california.shtml

I know the Pacheco ? runs into a canyon below San Juan Batista ? not much flow in there at that time.

Pajaro runs thru town ? channelized ? ungh lotta crap into the Bay.

goo.gl/ZvQYqC

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr

map’s flood line warning is the Pajaro

internet review is amazing. nothing like not being there !
Old January 19th 17, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:25:08 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 1:00:18 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:35:50 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...ecord-globally

Damned scientists! We need some rec.bicycles.tech denizens to go to
NASA and set them straight!

I tried! I worked there for a while. At Ames. They wouldn't listen.

Here is a geologic record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolog...ate_Change.png

You will note that our present temperatures is all hell and gone colder than Earth has been for most of it's history

Well, I don't know that you can trust that data. After all, it was
produced by scientists. Those guys are so biased!

But I'm all in favor of returning to the Cretaceous. Maybe if we make
enough of the current species extinct, we can get back to some real cool
species, like big carnivorous dinosaurs.

Joerg thinks he's got problems with mountain lions? You with wolves?
HAH! Furry animals are wimps!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Tell us Frank - What geologic period are we presently in and when did it start?
Old January 19th 17, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 5:18:35 PM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
[...]

Do you know that if you weren't so terse and semi-communicative people would pay more attention to your postings. Most of the time I get the idea that you're going off to never-never land. But upon closer inspection you generally have something of worth to say. It's just a pain in the ass to find it..
Old January 19th 17, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

I am writing to Duane.
Old January 19th 17, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 6:25:08 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
[...]

Well, they have started trying to back breed cattle to get long extint Aurocks back again.

Cheers
Old January 19th 17, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
[...]

Not Honey Badgers:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hone...oney+ba dger+

Are Honey Badgers related to Wolverines? That's a critter we have in North American and it's one that Joerg wouldn't want to meet up with on a trail. A Wolverine will even take on an adult Grizzly bear.

Cheers
Old January 19th 17, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:25:04 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
[...]

Actually "land based" large lizards already exist. the Komodo Dragon
can be as large as 3 meters long and weigh 70 Kg. The largest recorded
was 3.13 meters long and weighed 166 Kg.

It might be possible to import a few of these creatures and as females
lay an average of 20 eggs in a clutch and, at least in their home
territory, numbers seem to be largely dependent on food availability
they could likely becoming quite common relatively quickly once
released into the wild.

It might be mentioned that as they prefer a hot dry climate southern
California might suit them well.

Escaping a lion would become a minor accomplishment. Just think of the
bragging rights for an individual who killed a dragon. Why, they've
been talking about George and his dragon for a thousand years or more.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 19th 17, 06:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Do you know that if you weren't so terse and semi-communicative people would pay more attention to your postings. Most of the time I get the idea that you're going off to never-never land. But upon closer inspection you generally have something of worth to say. It's just a pain in the ass to find it.

You're forgetting the secret decoder ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvHjgJefkyc
Old January 19th 17, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On 1/18/2017 5:40 PM, wrote:
[...]

When they interbreed you get ho-wolfs, or badgines, depending.