Here's the answer

Old December 18th 20, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2020

Default Here's the answer

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 17:02:11 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On 12/17/2020 3:51 PM, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...-tricycle-has-

two-handlebars-gearing-to-climb-almost-anything/

Yeah. I'd just walk.

Yep, exercise a different set of muscles.
I reached that decision when I started investigating building a bike with
similar capabilities.

Old December 18th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2020

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 05:27:10 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:51:09 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...-tricycle-has-

two-handlebars-gearing-to-climb-almost-anything/

But it is only good for "steep" slopes if it is "really steep" you still
have to get off and push :-(

If it is that steep, you put the bike on one shoulder and your paired
saddlebags on the other and step up.

I think it is Mt Cookem(?) in the Blue Mtns where the bicycle touring
guide has similar instructions.
Old December 18th 20, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/17/2020 4:50 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 12:51:15 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...most-anything/

Not a chance - I'll bet that thing weighs 32+ lbs and people that would like that idea don't have the fitness or strength to climb what it could go up.

According to the very sciency (with numbers!) chart, it's 12
kilos more than a heavy offroad bicycle. Assuming the usual
'advertised catalog weight' factor, that's 15 kilos extra.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 18th 20, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/17/2020 6:04 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 2:51:15 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...most-anything/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Well at least its a reasonable price. Only 9900 Euros. They could have made it 9999 Euros. And still stick to the four digit pricing model. But no they saved you 99 Euros. Awfully considerate of them. 9900 Euros is only $12,139.38 given today's 1.2262 Dollar/Euro conversion rate. I don't know how they will be able to manufacture enough to keep up with demand.

If it's like most cycling products that will end up as
$19.99 with free delivery on Amazon.

Old December 18th 20, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 3:51:15 p.m. UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...most-anything/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I watched this disassembly and assembly video. Is it my imagination/camera angle? It sure looks like the two front wheels are different sizes.

Cheers
Old December 18th 20, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 8:59:28 p.m. UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 3:51:15 p.m. UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...most-anything/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I watched this disassembly and assembly video. Is it my imagination/camera angle? It sure looks like the two front wheels are different sizes.

Cheers

OOPS! Forgot to include the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nCPTplw3OQ

Cheers
Old December 18th 20, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
On 12/17/2020 4:02 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/17/2020 3:51 PM, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...most-anything/

Yeah. I'd just walk.

Special note to the 'efficiency chart'.
It has some numbers so it's kinda sciency.

You gotta give them credit for having the balls to market a bike with the
value proposition that their special design allows you to ride SLOWER than
the competition. Not too often that you see that in a bike ad.

Old December 18th 20, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2020

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 04:23:46 +0000, Ralph Barone wrote:

AMuzi wrote:
On 12/17/2020 4:02 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/17/2020 3:51 PM, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...-tricycle-has-

two-handlebars-gearing-to-climb-almost-anything/

Yeah. I'd just walk.

Special note to the 'efficiency chart'.
It has some numbers so it's kinda sciency.

You gotta give them credit for having the balls to market a bike with
the value proposition that their special design allows you to ride
SLOWER than the competition. Not too often that you see that in a bike
ad.

I think that, for most people, is the attraction of trikes/tadpoles/3
wheels.

Old December 18th 20, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 17:59:25 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 3:51:15 p.m. UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
What ever could have been the question?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/15/asc...most-anything/

I watched this disassembly and assembly video. Is it my
imagination/camera angle? It sure looks like the two
front wheels are different sizes.
Cheers

The two front wheels are the same size. Notice that in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nCPTplw3OQ
the ground seems to slightly fall off on both the left and right side
of the screen making the bicycle look like it's sitting on a slight
mound. What happened is the video was shot with a wide angle lens,
which produces fisheye distortion that looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQkm4JAGe4
When fisheye correction is applied in post processing software, it
straightens out the horizon, but also increases the apparent size of
close objects, and shrinks the apparent size of far objects.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old December 18th 20, 06:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 21:57:40 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

This downhill video was shot mostly with the same wide angle lens and
fisheye corrections, but does have a few segments that were shot with
a more conventional lens. The best is where the rider stops on a
downhill starting at:
https://youtu.be/apoCEJCw8cU?t=208
The front wheels appear to be the same size in the video.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Johann's non-answer answer Howard Kveck Racing 12 April 27th 07 06:25 AM
WA's answer to the TdF SteveA Australia 8 July 29th 05 03:31 PM
Answer Dane Jackson General 0 July 15th 05 04:29 PM
Answer Steady Rollin' Man Racing 1 July 15th 05 04:11 AM
Do you know the answer? ACP Australia 7 July 13th 05 08:25 AM