Lance at the TDU?

Old June 17th 04, 01:29 AM
hippy

Default Lance at the TDU?

Did anyone see the late news last night? I think it was on 'Chanel
Number 7' (Ch7) and they spoke about Pat Jonker (an aussie and ex
teammate of Lance's) trying to get him to race in the TDU in the future.

Apparently Lance has expressed an interest in this before and with him
likely to be less competitive in the TdF, racing things like the Giro
and tours in other countries is back on the cards.

hippy
- now with new Stealth Mode!

Old June 17th 04, 03:00 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
Did anyone see the late news last night? I think it was on 'Chanel
Number 7' (Ch7) and they spoke about Pat Jonker (an aussie and ex
teammate of Lance's) trying to get him to race in the TDU in the future.
Apparently Lance has expressed an interest in this before and with him
likely to be less competitive in the TdF, racing things like the Giro
and tours in other countries is back on the cards.
hippy
- now with new Stealth Mode!

Seeing as His team now has a new sponsor taking over after USPS pullou
after this year, it may be likely. Altho he announced 2 days ago tha
he will be riding the TdF in 2005 as well (obviously thinking he i
gonna win this year too), so perhaps the 'LA fairwell tour' might b
delayed a tad

Cannot wait for the TdF. Gonna be a cracker! LA, Ullrich, Simoni, May
(alas no Vinokourov now :-( ), and guys like Cooke, Mcewen, Ogrady
McGee and Evans all busting out of their skin, its gonna be HUG

Know a guy in Adelaide who scored a beautiful Colnago given to him b
Tony Rominger in the (i think) first TD

What's with the 'Stealth Mode':

-

Old June 17th 04, 03:15 AM
hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch Seeing as His team now has a ne
sponsor taking over after USPS pullout after this year, it may b
likely. Altho he announced 2 days ago that he will be riding the Td
in 2005 as well (obviously thinking he is gonna win this year too), s
perhaps the 'LA fairwell tour' might be delayed a tad

'Discovery Channel' I think are the new sponsors. They mentioned that o
the news as well

Cannot wait for the TdF. Gonna be a cracker

Yep! :

Cooke, Mcewen, Ogrady, McGee and Evans all busting out of their skin
its gonna be HUG

Is O'Grady still riding it? He was off last year, I guessed he might no
be wanting to ride it? I don't really follow aussie riders that much.
too much else to watch/do

What's with the 'Stealth Mode':

Someone might have had their ears lowered on Saturday... ;

hipp

-

Old June 17th 04, 03:40 AM
Tamyka Bell

Speaking of Lance, heard he's a bit not happy about ongoing drug
allegations - apparently a new book is being released and the authors
blatantly accuse him despite repeated negative results. Good luck with
him suing their bums off.
--

______________________________________

Tamyka Bell, PhD Student
School of Human Movement Studies
The University Of Queensland
______________________________________
Old June 17th 04, 04:15 AM
suzyj

Originally posted by flyingdutch:

Seeing as His team now has a new sponsor taking over after USP
pullout after this year, it may be likely. Altho he announced 2 day
ago that he will be riding the TdF in 2005 as wel

Somehow I can't see an American being the first to win six tours. M
bets are on Jan

Regards

Suz

-

Old June 17th 04, 05:30 AM
hippy

Originally posted by suzyj Somehow I can't see an American being the
first to win six tours. My bets are on Jan.

My money is on Lance. He's a proven fighter and I think he's hungry for
the record. I know he was struggling a bit last year and anything could
happen, but my money is still on him...

Jan is still too fat isn't he? Mayo could be a threat in those little
hills... he beat Lance in that recent Dauphiné Libéré TT and so did
Hamilton and Sevilla. Cash on Hamilton for another stage win or two..

What about the aussies.. who has predictions for them?

hippy

Old June 17th 04, 06:15 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
Originally posted by suzyj Somehow I can't see an American being the
first to win six tours. My bets are on Jan.

My money is on Lance. He's a proven fighter and I think he's hungry for
the record. I know he was struggling a bit last year and anything could
happen, but my money is still on him...
Jan is still too fat isn't he? Mayo could be a threat in those little
hills... he beat Lance in that recent Dauphiné Libéré TT and so did
Hamilton and Sevilla. Cash on Hamilton for another stage win or two..
What about the aussies.. who has predictions for them?
hippy

My money is:

5/4 LA
6/4 Tyler-what-bone-sticking-out?-Hamilton
7/4 Mayo (call AlpeDeHuez little?)
8/1 Simoni
9/1 Jan-who-ate-all-the-pies?-Ullrich

Pettachi to win every flat stage bar-one and TTs before the hills and
then pullout

Mcewen to regain green and then lose it to Ogrady in the last few stages

2 stagewins to Ozzies

Ogrady-sprintfinish after long breakaway with 5-10 others Mcewen-sprint
finish in first week to deny Pettachi a clean sweep before hills

Second last stage (indivTT) to decide the lot!

Not that im looking forward to it, mind...

Old June 17th 04, 08:00 AM
Shane Stanley

In article ,
flyingdutch wrote:

2 stagewins to Ozzies

Ogrady-sprintfinish after long breakaway with 5-10 others Mcewen-sprint
finish in first week to deny Pettachi a clean sweep before hills

So you're writing off last year's prolog winner in the prolog, even
though he also won the prolog at the Giro this year, and is in superb
form? And you don't think the winner of last year's maillot vert is
going to win a stage?

I think you're selling the boys short...

--
Shane Stanley
Old June 17th 04, 09:31 AM
Max

This is from Lance's web site
LEGAL NOTICE
LANCE ARMSTRONG - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lance Armstrong has reacted with concern and dismay at the false
allegations made by David Walsh, Chief Sports Writer of the Sunday
Times. The allegations appear in a forthcoming book entitled 'LA
Confidential', co-written with Pierre Ballester and to be published in
France. Extracts from the book have appeared in L'Express and some of
the book's allegations were repeated in yesterday's Sunday Times.

Lance Armstrong utterly denies ever
having taken any performance enhancing drugs.

Accordingly, Lance Armstrong has instructed his lawyers to immediately
institute libel proceedings

1) In the High Court in London against the Sunday Times and David Walsh
seeking an injunction and substantial damages

2) In Paris, against David Walsh, Pierre Ballester, the publishers of
'LA Confidential' and the publishers of L'Express.

Proceedings will be filed in the High Court tomorrow.

Old June 17th 04, 11:17 AM
Peter Vesel

"flyingdutch" wrote in message

My money is:

5/4 LA
6/4 Tyler-what-bone-sticking-out?-Hamilton
7/4 Mayo (call AlpeDeHuez little?)
8/1 Simoni
9/1 Jan-who-ate-all-the-pies?-Ullrich

Pettachi to win every flat stage bar-one and TTs before the hills and
then pullout

Mcewen to regain green and then lose it to Ogrady in the last few stages

2 stagewins to Ozzies

Ogrady-sprintfinish after long breakaway with 5-10 others Mcewen-sprint
finish in first week to deny Pettachi a clean sweep before hills

Second last stage (indivTT) to decide the lot!

Not that im looking forward to it, mind...

Time gaps from team time trial to be crucial...perhaps the maximum loss of
time at 2:30 to be a factor.
LA to marshall his team to the front of the cobbled stage and one of the
other favourites to be stuck behind a crash on that stage.
Gilberto Simoni to talk big and do nothing.
Roberto Heras to attack LA but not force a break as Armstrong doesn't like
traitors.
McEwen to whinge about no team support...read Petacchi is faster than him.
Cippolini to whinge about everything, win nothing then crash and leave the
race early.
Petacchi to win Green Jersey.

Peter

Lance vs George W Bush John Racing 0 July 20th 04 06:30 AM
LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Lance comments on Wilson Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer Racing 2 March 2nd 04 02:53 AM