A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Old September 10th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Default A really long write-up of NYC Century 2008

Finally completed my writeup, in case anyone's interested, and incase
they're tired of following the old thread.... Warning: a lot of words.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/NYC_Century_2008/

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old September 10th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
David_Stone

Great write-up and photos, Steve, and I think it was dead-on factually
as well.

I'd love to try it again next year, too. I'd bet that we can get even
more uni'ists.

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
Old September 10th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
capuni

Very nice Steve. Like you... I was bummed about not riding the full
100. As it turns out though... I successfully and unintentionally rode
my first metric century! I know I said I wouldn't do the ride again,
but with a little more training I might be up for a second attempt next
year.

--
capuni

My 'Ride The Lobster Photo Album'
(http://gallery.mac.com/perrywoodin#100208)
Old September 10th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

Great writeup steveyo!! That gives me a whole lot of inspiration as I
attempt my first metric century road ride a week from this Saturday.
I've ridden 50 miles on single track trails at a 12 hour mountain bike
event, but this is something entirely different. Hopefully easier!!!
Never the less if there is anyway I can make it up your way for a full
century attempt next year I'm game... Perhaps we can find something
more midway?? I'm in the DEEP SOUTH unfortunately

--
MuniSano
Old September 10th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
einrad101

Hey Steve great write up! I too look forward to being back there again
next year, hopefully with being able to complete the full 100!

--
einrad101

People who pass me tell me that I am crazy.....
I just tell them that I am a uniatic
Old September 10th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

capuni wrote:
Very nice Steve. Like you... I was bummed about not riding the full
100. As it turns out though... I successfully and unintentionally rode
my first metric century!

::Sweet! Congrats!::

David_Stone wrote:
Great write-up and photos, Steve, and I think it was dead-on factually
as well. I'd love to try it again next year, too. I'd bet that we can
get even more uni'ists.

I think this should be one of THE events of the year for unis. 25 or 50
would be cool, and possible because everyone can ride as little or much
as s/he wants.

Old September 10th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

That was a great write up. I cannot imagine going that far on a uni. I
am still trying to get 20 miles to feel easy. You guys are studs! Keep
the write ups coming. they are motivating.

--
rem48
Old September 10th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

MuniSano wrote:
Great writeup steveyo!! That gives me a whole lot of inspiration as I
attempt my first metric century road ride a week from this Saturday.
I've ridden 50 miles on single track trails at a 12 hour mountain bike
event, but this is something entirely different. Hopefully easier!!!
Never the less if there is anyway I can make it up your way for a full
century attempt next year I'm game... Perhaps we can find something
more midway?? I'm in the DEEP SOUTH unfortunately

You'll find long rides are more time-consuming, but less demanding than
off-road. Good luck on your metric!

It would be great to hook up for something. With our Panama Evo of
Balance trip coming up, I'm afraid my uni-travel is used up for a
while.

einrad101 wrote:
Hey Steve great write up! I too look forward to being back there again
next year, hopefully with being able to complete the full 100!

Great to ride with you Andy! Next year it is!

Old September 11th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

Thank you Steveyo! Great write-up, enjoyed reading. Like that lady
said, "You guys are rock stars!".

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Old September 11th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
einrad101

steveyo wrote:

I think this should be one of THE events of the year for unis. 25 or
50 would be cool, and possible because everyone can ride as little or
much as s/he wants.

I strongly agree, it would be awesome to have like 25 unicyclists in
something like this!