BREAKING NEWS Soler got caught

Old July 27th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ctrl-alt-delete

Default BREAKING NEWS Soler got caught

http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

Old July 27th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

"ctrl-alt-delete" writes:

http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

Another Hero for the Wall of Shame

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old July 27th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 27, 4:14 pm, Davey Crockett
wrote:
"ctrl-alt-delete" writes:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

Another Hero for the Wall of Shame

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

babelfish translation:
There a new doping matter in gestation in the tour seems the France.
After the fourteenth stage with arrival on plateau the Beille were
decreased according to several sources a positive urine test. That
then after Vinokourov and Moreni the third positive case in the tour
would be.

It would concern Mauricio Soler, the drager of the bolletjestrui. At
this moment there is an irruption of the French police force in the
hotel of Barloworld to pace communicates our Danish colleagues of BT.
But we could not get that confirmed. Tomorrow at 11 o'clock there is
anyway a press conference.

The rumour which Soler positively would be has already looked after
that bookmakers in United Kingdom and Italy have crossed out him.

Old July 28th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Jul 27, 2:00 pm, "ctrl-alt-delete"
wrote:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

The story has not been confirmed, but it has been echoed (in English)
@:

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...cid=1118539508

(This may be an example of no additional sources, but confirmation
merely by repetition - "It's on the Internet, it must be true")

DR

Old July 28th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

ctrl-alt-delete wrote:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

That would leave Contador in dots.

This could be the first time since 1969 that a single rider
took all the jerseys. There are only 11 riders ahead of him
on points. It'd be tough, but I think WADA's up to it.

I guess Discovery is the only completely clean team.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 28th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Stu Fleming

Bob Schwartz wrote:

I guess Discovery is the only completely clean team.

I hope that irony grokking shields are "up".
Old July 28th 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
H Jonkers

On Jul 27, 10:00 pm, "ctrl-alt-delete"
wrote:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

The article says that Soler was not among the riders controlled after
the 14th stage, namely Rasmussen, Contador, Valverde, Verdugo,
Schleck, Valjavec, Le Mevel and Scheirlinckx. So how could it be him?

Old July 28th 07, 10:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

wrote:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

The article says that Soler was not among the riders controlled after
the 14th stage, namely Rasmussen, Contador, Valverde, Verdugo,
Schleck, Valjavec, Le Mevel and Scheirlinckx. So how could it be him?

The article says that in _addition_ to the Jerseys those riders were
controlled

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old July 28th 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
H Jonkers

wrote:
http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art....bron=homeArt1

The article says that Soler was not among the riders controlled after
the 14th stage, namely Rasmussen, Contador, Valverde, Verdugo,
Schleck, Valjavec, Le Mevel and Scheirlinckx. So how could it be him?

The article says that in _addition_ to the Jerseys those riders were
controlled

Actually, it doesn't say that at all (and I can read Dutch). And as
far as I know only the yellow jersey gets a daily doping test, not
the others. Besides, Soler wasn't even wearing the polka-dot jersey at
that time; he was just substituting for Rasmussen who then led both
the General and KoM rankings.

LATE BREAKING NEWS!! datakoll Techniques 5 June 15th 07 04:11 AM
Breaking news on ITV Tony Raven UK 3 January 8th 06 01:34 PM
Breaking JON PAGE news jerry in vermont Racing 15 January 6th 06 12:09 AM
Breaking News! B. Lafferty Racing 0 August 1st 05 01:01 PM
Breaking news... Colin Blackburn UK 0 November 15th 04 10:26 AM