FMA bluetooth earpiece for cycling?

Old July 29th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default FMA bluetooth earpiece for cycling?

As much as I hate the idea of dealing with a phone call while out riding, I
can make more time for rides if I'm more available, and I'd rather not have
to stop in the middle of whatever I'm doing to take a call. (But don't
worry; I'd never take a call in the middle of a group.

Is there an FMA earpiece that does a reasonable job with wind noise?

*FMA - Fatty Masters Approved

Thanks-

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 29th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 29, 1:51 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
As much as I hate the idea of dealing with a phone call while out riding, I
can make more time for rides if I'm more available, and I'd rather not have
to stop in the middle of whatever I'm doing to take a call. (But don't
worry; I'd never take a call in the middle of a group.

Is there an FMA earpiece that does a reasonable job with wind noise?

*FMA - Fatty Masters Approved

Thanks-

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

I got a bluetooth headset but never even tried using it for cycling
because I could hardly hear anything or even use the controls just
driving my car. I once used the stereo headsets that came with my
Samsung D900 phone and that worked out pretty well. Apart from the
phone calls, I was using it to hear tunes during a group ride. Sorry
but doing laps around Paris parks is incredibly boring, at one point I
wanted to put a DVD player on my handlebars.

-ilan
Old July 30th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dbrower

wrote:

As much as I hate the idea of dealing with a phone call while out riding, I
can make more time for rides if I'm more available, and I'd rather not have
to stop in the middle of whatever I'm doing to take a call. (But don't
worry; I'd never take a call in the middle of a group.

Is there an FMA earpiece that does a reasonable job with wind noise?

*FMA - Fatty Masters Approved

Thanks-

I tried a couple of times, and found wind noise on the mic to be too
much of a problem for folks on the other end. I'm unaware of any
good way around that.

It does seem plausible to answer the phone, and then stop to talk.

-dB

Old July 30th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

wrote:

As much as I hate the idea of dealing with a phone call while out riding,
can make more time for rides if I'm more available, and I'd rather not
have
to stop in the middle of whatever I'm doing to take a call. (But don't
worry; I'd never take a call in the middle of a group.

Is there an FMA earpiece that does a reasonable job with wind noise?

*FMA - Fatty Masters Approved

Thanks-

I tried a couple of times, and found wind noise on the mic to be too
much of a problem for folks on the other end. I'm unaware of any
good way around that.

It does seem plausible to answer the phone, and then stop to talk.

-dB

It's worth experimenting with a Jawbone headset. They claim especially
clever ambient noise filtering.

Old July 30th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

It's worth experimenting with a Jawbone headset. They claim especially
clever ambient noise filtering.

I was hoping that someone might have had experience with the Jawbone, since
it supposedly picks up sound differently than most. Just wondering if
there's something about cycling that keeps it from working as advertised.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article
,

Old July 31st 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Murray

I have used the Oakley O ROKR sunglasses w/ Bluetooth. I would never have
bought them myself but my wife gave them to me as a gift. Turns out they
work pretty well although they are too expensive.

--
Mike Murray

Old July 31st 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 31, 2:07 am, "Mike Murray" wrote:
I have used the Oakley O ROKR sunglasses w/ Bluetooth. I would never have
bought them myself but my wife gave them to me as a gift. Turns out they
work pretty well although they are too expensive.

--
Mike Murray

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

As much as I hate the idea of dealing with a phone call while out riding,
I can make more time for rides if I'm more available, and I'd rather not
have to stop in the middle of whatever I'm doing to take a call. (But
don't worry; I'd never take a call in the middle of a group.

Is there an FMA earpiece that does a reasonable job with wind noise?

*FMA - Fatty Masters Approved

Thanks-

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

But they make you look so cool: http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/P...nter-tv-12.jpg

-ilan
Old July 31st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Mike Murray" wrote in message
. ..
I have used the Oakley O ROKR sunglasses w/ Bluetooth. I would never have
bought them myself but my wife gave them to me as a gift. Turns out they
work pretty well although they are too expensive.

--
Mike Murray

It isn't clear from the Oakley info where the microphone pickup is, or if
they even have one. Assuming they do, how's the wind noise (to the person
you're talking to)? Also, I don't favor something that covers both ears (and
I wouldn't be listening to music while riding, just the once-in-a-while
phone call possibility).

Old July 31st 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
wlexxx

It isn't clear from the Oakley info where the microphone pickup is, or if
they even have one. Assuming they do, how's the wind noise (to the person
you're talking to)?

it has a mic
it;s about in the middle of the earpiece
i wouldn;t expect it to do very well in wind

wle.