Motorists above the law.

Old December 14th 09, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Doug[_3_]

Default Motorists above the law.

The EU is threatening to take the UK to court and be fined for its air
pollution but this only applies to PM10s, which are mainly emitted by
buses and lorries. Meanwhile motorists are completely free to emit
several other harmful pollutants, some of which are life threatening,
and get away with it.

One has to ask why the EU is ignoring those other harmful pollutants
in favour of motorists, who are 80% of all road transport?

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old December 14th 09, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
webreader

On Dec 14, 8:02*am, Doug wrote:
The EU is threatening to take the UK to court and be fined for its air
pollution but this only applies to PM10s, which are mainly emitted by
buses and lorries. Meanwhile motorists are completely free to emit
several other harmful pollutants, some of which are life threatening,
and get away with it.

One has to ask why the EU is ignoring those other harmful pollutants
in favour of motorists, who are 80% of all road transport?

--
UK Radical Campaignswww.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

One has to ask why this question is directed at a cycling NG.

WSR
Old December 14th 09, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Doug[_3_]

On 14 Dec, 08:06, webreader wrote:
On Dec 14, 8:02*am, Doug wrote:

The EU is threatening to take the UK to court and be fined for its air
pollution but this only applies to PM10s, which are mainly emitted by
buses and lorries. Meanwhile motorists are completely free to emit
several other harmful pollutants, some of which are life threatening,
and get away with it.

One has to ask why the EU is ignoring those other harmful pollutants
in favour of motorists, who are 80% of all road transport?

One has to ask why this question is directed at a cycling NG.

Because of a multiplicity of 'Cyclists above the law' threads
deliberately cross-posted from motorist NGs. I am merely trying to
restore some sense of balance. I hope you are not trying to censor me?

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/

Old December 14th 09, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman

Doug wrote:

World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

Are you seriously a member of this wacko outfit?

--
Dave - The Tax Paying Motorist

Old December 14th 09, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
On 14 Dec, 08:06, webreader wrote:
On Dec 14, 8:02 am, Doug wrote:

OT rant

One has to ask why this question is directed at a cycling NG.

Because of a multiplicity of 'Cyclists above the law' threads
deliberately cross-posted from motorist NGs. I am merely trying to
restore some sense of balance. I hope you are not trying to censor me?

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

So you posted it as a form of revenge, how strange,

How was he going to censor you, cut your internet link?
--
Tony Dragon
Old December 14th 09, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Conor[_3_]

In article e5be0338-24bc-4a99-9330-142d662bacd0@
21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, Doug says...

The EU is threatening to take the UK to court and be fined for its air
pollution but this only applies to PM10s, which are mainly emitted by
buses and lorries. Meanwhile motorists are completely free to emit
several other harmful pollutants, some of which are life threatening,
and get away with it.

One has to ask why the EU is ignoring those other harmful pollutants
in favour of motorists, who are 80% of all road transport?

That would be true if it weren't for the slightly inconvenient fact that
cars have to have catalytic convertors and very tight emissions test.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everybody equally.
Old December 14th 09, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Conor[_3_]

In article e5be0338-24bc-4a99-9330-142d662bacd0@
21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, Doug says...

The EU is threatening to take the UK to court and be fined for its air
pollution but this only applies to PM10s, which are mainly emitted by
buses and lorries. Meanwhile motorists are completely free to emit
several other harmful pollutants, some of which are life threatening,
and get away with it.

One has to ask why the EU is ignoring those other harmful pollutants
in favour of motorists, who are 80% of all road transport?

A person who is cycling emits more CO2 than someone who is using a bus.
So why are cyclists free to emit excessive levels of greenhouse gases?

Old December 14th 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
ChelseaTractorMan

its the smugness which really ****es me off.
--
Mike. .. .
Gone beyond the ultimate driving machine.
Old December 14th 09, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Doug[_3_]

On 14 Dec, 08:57, Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 14 Dec, 08:06, webreader wrote:
On Dec 14, 8:02 am, Doug wrote:

OT rant

One has to ask why this question is directed at a cycling NG.

Because of a multiplicity of 'Cyclists above the law' threads
deliberately cross-posted from motorist NGs. I am merely trying to
restore some sense of balance. I hope you are not trying to censor me?

So you posted it as a form of revenge, how strange,

No an attempt at balance. Though you will notice I only posted ONE
thread not a MULTIPLICITY of threads, all with the same title, like
your abusive, cross-posting motorist chums.

How was he going to censor you, cut your internet link?

By calling on his motorist chums here to flood my thread with abusive
off-topic messages in an attempt to render it virtually useless.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

Old December 14th 09, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Doug[_3_]

On 14 Dec, 10:43, Conor wrote:
In article e5be0338-24bc-4a99-9330-142d662bacd0@
21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, Doug says...

The EU is threatening to take the UK to court and be fined for its air
pollution but this only applies to PM10s, which are mainly emitted by
buses and lorries. Meanwhile motorists are completely free to emit
several other harmful pollutants, some of which are life threatening,
and get away with it.

One has to ask why the EU is ignoring those other harmful pollutants
in favour of motorists, who are 80% of all road transport?

That would be true if it weren't for the slightly inconvenient fact that
cars have to have catalytic convertors and very tight emissions test.

Yes but they are only tested once a year and in the meantime can
pollute as much as they like as long as there is no visible smoke.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

I Hate Motorists Phil Wanker Lee UK 38 November 26th 09 05:35 PM
I Hate Motorists _[_4_] UK 4 October 10th 08 06:57 PM
Stealing From Motorists, Yet Again Nuxx Bar UK 7 September 30th 08 03:49 AM
Having fun with motorists Mike A Schwab General 1 July 2nd 07 12:21 AM
Law abiding motorists Tony Raven UK 38 September 24th 05 08:40 PM