Had Legs

Old July 25th 04, 01:12 PM
Badger_South

Default Had Legs

Well yesterday's ride (for me) was amazing. When I headed out, I felt
a strange kind of 'fullness', as though there was energy to burn -
odd, b/c I felt "slow" and plodding the prev. day, so much so I
focussed on easy gear spinning and form.

When I got out on the course, I just took off and shaved 30 seconds
over my time to a mile post, and was getting faster with each segment.

My brother finally caught up with me and just looked at me strangely.
Then he said 'yeah, you've got legs today'.

Neat feeling.

This morning, no problems, no additional soreness.

I like having the ability to 'attack' at any time, and having a higher
overall speed. Makes me feel more agile. Whenever a car neared that
could right hook me, I just kicked it and passed the side street
before the driver could get close. This happened time and time again.

Never lost the energy, and finished with about 20 miles, avg speed
18.3mph over the flats.

Guess I'm sorta hooked now... ;-D

-B

LA's legs Karen M. General 12 July 11th 04 01:34 PM
Fitting short legs Rick Onanian General 5 August 4th 03 03:57 AM