No Group Moderator?

Old December 8th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Bassetdad

Default No Group Moderator?

Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

Old December 8th 06, 07:15 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ken C. M.

Bassetdad wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
keeping the garbage down to a minimum.

Ken

Or just use filters here. I do.
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
Old December 9th 06, 01:58 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Ken C. M. wrote:
Bassetdad wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
keeping the garbage down to a minimum....

Moderated forums are good homes for the too easily offended and those
who can not stand up for themselves when the discussion gets heated.

--
Tom "Free Range" Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Old December 9th 06, 06:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Bassetdad wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

There used to be a 'Group Moderator" [1], but he was only here on
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent for "Bass fishing".

[1]
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=8pUU6RIAAAA_IWUQlmavUr-OB0jf8Bon8rhlH0Pnl47z4AZhN98BFg.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Old December 10th 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Buck

On 12/08/2006 18:00:30 "Bassetdad" wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the
group have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who
enjoy discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

Unfortunately this group was single handedly hijacked by one known as Ed Dolan some years ago, since then it has been trash.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk
Old December 10th 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mr. Buzzell

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

Then why the hell aren't you out on your Catrike instead of wasting time
reading a.r.b.r. Quit carping, turn the computer off, go ride the damn
thing, and be happy for God's sake.

Old December 11th 06, 04:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Bassetdad

Yo Johnny Sunset / Tom Sherman,

"Thank You" for pointing out the difference between the members who
participate in moderated and non moderated groups. Why would one get
offended if the poster was mature enough to stay focused on the topic of
that newsgroup such as bicycles recumbent instead of the poster displaying
his lack of intelligence by continually repeating himself ten times in a
recent posting that has nothing to do with recumbent bikes.

Bassetdad

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
s.com...

Old December 11th 06, 05:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Ken C. M.

Ken C. M. wrote:
Bassetdad wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the

group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who

enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
keeping the garbage down to a minimum....

Moderated forums are good homes for the too easily offended and those
who can not stand up for themselves when the discussion gets heated.

--
Tom "Free Range" Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Bottom post please, it's easier to follow.

Well there is a difference between the posts made by E.D. and the troll
that posts the same message 25 times a day. The troll is most annoying,
but both have earned a spot in my bozo filter.

Ken
Old December 13th 06, 04:10 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Ken C. M. wrote:
Bassetdad wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the
group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who
enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
keeping the garbage down to a minimum....

Moderated forums are good homes for the too easily offended and those
who can not stand up for themselves when the discussion gets heated.

I used to agree with the above sentiment expressed by Mr. Sherman, but I do
not anymore. Why? Newsgroups that are unmoderated are strictly for idiots,
scoundrels and jerks. I have had to learn this the hard way. Apparently, Mr.
Sherman is incapable of learning this very elementary thing about
unmoderated forums.

The most interesting thing about Mr. Sherman to me is how a full time
employee, a civil engineer no less, can find the time to engage in this
foolishness known as Usenet since it is a total waste of time and energy. It
is impossible for me to believe that he does not have better things to do
than to be posting to ARBR.

Moderated forums are also just chock full of wasted messages which go
nowhere, but at least they keep spamming trolls at bay. If I were a
moderator of a forum I can honestly say I would eliminate 90% of all
messages due to their stupidity and irrelevance. I am the expert on these
subjects as any number of ARBR'ers can attest.

I am only going to look in on this group in the future on a very selective
basis when I feel the need to administer some good ass kicking. In the
meantime, you can all go **** yourselves!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Help needed!!! What kind of group is this? ~20yr Bianchi bike, Campa group. [email protected] Techniques 16 July 27th 06 07:48 PM
need a group romulus General 0 July 6th 06 02:09 PM
why we need a moderator Jim Flom Racing 0 September 26th 05 06:42 AM
New to the group, looking for a local group dogfeathersvt Unicycling 0 September 21st 05 12:26 AM
FS: complete retro-group, Shimano 600 SIS group John M Marketplace 0 April 2nd 04 06:04 PM