I thought I had it bad.

Old January 19th 12, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default I thought I had it bad.

I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

--
Simon Mason
Old January 19th 12, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Weasel

On 19/01/2012 09:08, wrote:
I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

It can be fairly crap cycling in London at times but this guy seems to
go out of his way to make a bad situation worse. He needs to accept that
the standard of driving on the roads is crap and that you need to accept
that drivers do stupid and dangerous things, especially near cyclists.
Once he realises that, he won’t be so surprised or angry when these
stupid and dangerous things happen.

--
The Weasel
Old January 19th 12, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Weasel

On 19/01/2012 16:49, Phil W Lee wrote:
The considered Thu, 19 Jan 2012
14:45:55 +0000 the perfect time to write:

On 19/01/2012 09:08, wrote:
I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

It can be fairly crap cycling in London at times but this guy seems to
go out of his way to make a bad situation worse. He needs to accept that
the standard of driving on the roads is crap and that you need to accept
that drivers do stupid and dangerous things, especially near cyclists.
Once he realises that, he won’t be so surprised or angry when these
stupid and dangerous things happen.

If you just meekly accept it, it will get worse.
That's what's made things as bad as they are already.

So no - you (and he) don't need to accept it, any more than anyone
should need to accept bullying and/or criminal activity in any other
field.

No Phil he over reacts. He keeps shouting at them “What are you doing?”
like some immature teenager. In fact he reminds me of the young John
McEnroe with his “You cannot be serious” routine.

It’s not a case of ‘meekly’ accepting it, it is a case of modifying your
riding style as well as your reactive behaviour so as that you stay
safe, and don’t get angry. Drivers pull out in front of you and cut you
up. That is a fact of life so brake if they do and be prepared for it.
It serves little purpose in shouting at them and pressing on regardless.
They are ****s. In the main, they wont understand that anyway because
they are ****s. They will just get worse, antagonised, and want to
fight. The guy actively winds them up and they get wound up because they
are ****s.

I suspect that the reason he carries a camera is so that he can collect
the evidence for when he is assaulted. With the way he behaves, that
probably happens more often than it would if he wound his neck in a bit.

--
The Weasel
Old January 19th 12, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 19/01/2012 09:08, wrote:
[...]

Obviously he is an immature teenager - he rides a push bike.

University
Old January 19th 12, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dr6092

On Jan 19, 9:08*am, wrote:
I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

Rather less about London traffic and more about his attitude of making
situations where none exist. Not a good example of cycling.
Old January 20th 12, 03:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jan 19, 11:31*pm, dr6092 wrote:
On Jan 19, 9:08*am, wrote:

I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

Rather less about London traffic and more about his attitude of making
situations where none exist. Not a good example of cycling.

Or taxi driving!
He is the innocent party in my opinion in nearly all of his near
misses and he seems very level headed under extreme provocation.
I don't think I would have had his sang froid.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 20th 12, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Beretie Wooster

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 01:08:32 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

None of that seems extraordinary for London - it is what makes cycling
in London such a joy & challenge.
Old January 20th 12, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:30:08 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

Obviously he is an immature teenager - he rides a push bike.

Thank God I am an immature teenager. I love my push bike!

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old January 20th 12, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 20/01/2012 17:55, Phil W Lee wrote:

Yes, I'm so sorry.
I now see that he should creep along in the gutter and be grateful for
any square millimetre of tarmac his lords and masters on their
important motoring journeys deign to allow him, leaping out of the way
with a tugged forelock at the merest hint of anyone else wanting to
occupy the road space that he is quite legally using, and with
driveling apologies for any faint possibility that he may have held
them up by a few nanoseconds on their life-or-death travels, showing
unwavering gratitude that they allow him to live.

You finally got it.

Cyclists are unimportant scum & shouldn't get in the way of motorists.

University
Old January 20th 12, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On Jan 19, 9:08 am, wrote:

I am glad I do not cycle in London if this is what it is like :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

Rather less about London traffic and more about his attitude of making
situations where none exist. Not a good example of cycling.

Or taxi driving!

Yep it gives a fair representation of what black cab drivers are really
like. Dangerous and thuggish. Goes well with the statistic that someone
posted last week about London taxi drivers being 5 time more likely than
an average car driver to kill a cyclist in the case of a collision.