WHOOPS! 1 airlifted off Piestewa Peak after mountain-biking injury

Old June 26th 13, 09:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Default WHOOPS! 1 airlifted off Piestewa Peak after mountain-biking injury

And don't give me that link to your literature review please. That article contains no data to prove your hypothesis and is very out dated.
Old June 27th 13, 12:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:06:21 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
And if your phd is in psychology you are not qualified to comment on the environmental impacts of any outdoor recreation. I can see why you are not taken seriously. You are not a natural scientist and have little or no credability.

You can't even spell it with a spell-checker, much less understand it. The fact that several dozen international scientific conferences invited me to give my paper(s) proves that I most certainly AM qualified. You can tell that by simply READING my papers, which you obviously haven't bothered to do. You aren't qualified to understand them, however. You'd have to ask your mommie to explain them to you.

Hey, tell us again how the laws of physics & biology are different in New Zealand from other places. That was very entertaining. A "hoot", as we say.
Old June 27th 13, 01:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

So what? My point which I have made to you time and time again is that you have presented no evidence that mountain biking is causing damage in New Zealand. You have reached a conclusion without doing in research or investigation in New Zealand or understanding our environmental issues. This renders your conclusions irrelevant if not laughable.

Old June 27th 13, 01:59 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Lord Christopher Monckton and Nigel Lawson has contributed publications on climate change does that make them an expert on climate change? No it doesn't. In fact they have been proven to be wrong time and time again. There are similarities between you and the likes of Monckton and other elderly lunatics. You simply possess no qualifications or credentials in the field you claim to be an expert in. You are a psychologist not a conservation biologist or an ecologist. This means you are not qualified to provide any insight from a scientific perspective. If you want to make a meaningful academic contribution do a phd in wildlife ecology and mountain biking or whatever, do some basic field research and then get published in a respected journal such as Conservation biology or biological conservation.
Old June 27th 13, 02:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:50:33 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:06:21 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:

And if your phd is in psychology you are not qualified to comment on the environmental impacts of any outdoor recreation. I can see why you are not taken seriously. You are not a natural scientist and have little or no credability.

You can't even spell it with a spell-checker, much less understand it. The fact that several dozen international scientific conferences invited me to give my paper(s) proves that I most certainly AM qualified. You can tell that by simply READING my papers, which you obviously haven't bothered to do. You aren't qualified to understand them, however. You'd have to ask your mommie to explain them to you.

Hey, tell us again how the laws of physics & biology are different in New Zealand from other places. That was very entertaining. A "hoot", as we say..

New Zealand biodiversity is completely different to Americas as is our environmental legislation and land use practices. The fact you have made claims about mountain biking without doing any science first just demonstrates how ignorant you are. My suggestion old chum is that before you start blowing about mountain biking in NZ you should actually read the scientific literature and management plans beforehand.
Old June 27th 13, 01:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade

The fact that several dozen international scientific conferences invited me to give my paper(s) proves that I most certainly AM qualified.

No Mike, if you respond to a call for papers that is not an 'invitation' to present. It's you jumping up and down and going "me me me me" ! I note that you don't seem to have presented now for several years.

You can tell that by simply READING my papers, which you obviously haven't bothered to do. You aren't qualified to understand them, however. You'd have to ask your mommie to explain them to you.

Well, I CAN read them and I'm very unimpressed. You violate the most basic of methodological and semantic rules and have a really nice line in circular logic and confirmation bias.

Hey, tell us again how the laws of physics & biology are different in New Zealand from other places. That was very entertaining. A "hoot", as we say.

The laws of physics are universal; local biology is very different. Species are not ubiquitous and different soil types and vegetation will react differently to impacts.

Old June 27th 13, 07:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:32:06 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
The fact that several dozen international scientific conferences invited me to give my paper(s) proves that I most certainly AM qualified. No Mike, if you respond to a call for papers that is not an 'invitation' to present.. It's you jumping up and down and going "me me me me" ! I note that you don't seem to have presented now for several years. You can tell that by simply READING my papers, which you obviously haven't bothered to do. You aren't qualified to understand them, however. You'd have to ask your mommie to explain them to you. Well, I CAN read them and I'm very unimpressed. You violate the most basic of methodological and semantic rules and have a really nice line in circular logic and confirmation bias.

Your total lack of specifics proves that you don't know what you are talking about, and are just bluffing. Sorry, you lost AGAIN! Idiot.

Hey, tell us again how the laws of physics & biology are different in New Zealand from other places. That was very entertaining. A "hoot", as we say. The laws of physics are universal; local biology is very different. Species are not ubiquitous and different soil types and vegetation will react differently to impacts.

Old June 27th 13, 07:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:59:48 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
Lord Christopher Monckton and Nigel Lawson has contributed publications on climate change does that make them an expert on climate change? No it doesn't. In fact they have been proven to be wrong time and time again. There are similarities between you and the likes of Monckton and other elderly lunatics. You simply possess no qualifications or credentials in the field you claim to be an expert in. You are a psychologist not a conservation biologist or an ecologist.

You aren't qualified to judge that. I AM. Credentials are irrelevant. What is important is that I'm RIGHT. You obviously aren't even qualified to judge this. No one can present a paper without an invitation. DUH! Obviously, you weren't invited, and never will be invited, because you are not qualified and refuse to even give your real name. Comments by anonymous idiots are always dismissed, which is appropriate.

Old June 27th 13, 07:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:32:06 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
The fact that several dozen international scientific conferences invited me to give my paper(s) proves that I most certainly AM qualified. No Mike, if you respond to a call for papers that is not an 'invitation' to present.. It's you jumping up and down and going "me me me me" ! I note that you don't seem to have presented now for several years. You can tell that by simply READING my papers, which you obviously haven't bothered to do. You aren't qualified to understand them, however. You'd have to ask your mommie to explain them to you. Well, I CAN read them and I'm very unimpressed. You violate the most basic of methodological and semantic rules and have a really nice line in circular logic and confirmation bias. Hey, tell us again how the laws of physics & biology are different in New Zealand from other places. That was very entertaining. A "hoot", as we say. The laws of physics are universal; local biology is very different.

BS. Tell me which wild animals like to have mountain bikers racing through their home. This should be good for a laugh. (Hint: there are none.)

Species are not ubiquitous and different soil types and vegetation will react differently to impacts.

Old June 27th 13, 08:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Pathetic response. I like it how you say I am not qualified to comment yet you say credentials are irrelevant. You have just contradicted yourself. The world should not take note of your views as you are simply not a biologist nor have you done any real science. Please try again Vandeman.