Labour MP Margaret Hodge floors cyclist whilst talking on mobile phone

Old May 8th 13, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Labour MP Margaret Hodge floors cyclist whilst talking on mobilephone

On 08/05/2013 12:47, Squashme wrote:
On May 8, 11:29 am, JNugent wrote:
On 08/05/2013 07:47, Squashme wrote:

On May 7, 8:55 pm, JNugent wrote:
On 07/05/2013 20:41, Squashme wrote:

On May 7, 6:21 pm, Dave- Cyclists VORC
wrote:
On 06/05/2013 22:52, Squashme wrote:

On May 6, 7:37 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

Snippy snip snip.

But they might lose their momentum, and if they are clipped to their pedals
they may fall off.

It's quite fun to see how long one can balance without much forward
movement.

Even funnier when the idiot cyclist falls off :-)

Or when a motorist trips over the curb, eh?

Over the what?

Apparently more English speakers use "curb" than use "kerb." So, like
"road tax" it must be correct.

It is correct-ish in some places. The United Kingdom is not one of them.

The US is correct-ish. And a lot of people use it in the UK, like
"Road Tax." Perhaps it is a process of change.

The "people ... in the UK" you mention will consist of two groups in the
main:

(a) Americans who know no better (that won't be all Americans) and

(b) other people who know no better.

Which one are you?
Old May 8th 13, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

wrote:
[...]

I'm in good company.

Judith:-
"Will the OED do you:
An enclosing framework or border: in the first place, the curved
border of something round, but eventually applied also to things
straight.
The name appears to have originally connoted the curved outline
merely, and to have gradually taken more and more from the sense of
CURB v.2, until this became the characteristic notion, and that of
curvature entirely disappeared. Also spelt kerb."

judith
2008

Mrcheerful in 2012:-

A 13-YEAR-OLD died after she cycled out in front of a car an inquest
heard
yesterday
Joy, of Mare Hey Lane, Ewloe, tragically hit her head on the curb when
she
landed and died as a result of a massive head injury.
Old May 8th 13, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:
On 06/05/2013 22:52, Squashme wrote:

[ ... ]

It's quite fun to see how long one can balance without much forward
movement.

Even funnier when the idiot cyclist falls off :-)

Or when a motorist trips over the curb, eh?

Over the what?

Apparently more English speakers use "curb" than use "kerb." So, like
"road tax" it must be correct.

It is correct-ish in some places. The United Kingdom is not one of them.

The US is correct-ish. And a lot of people use it in the UK, like
"Road Tax." Perhaps it is a process of change.

The "people ... in the UK" you mention will consist of two groups in the
main:
(a) Americans who know no better (that won't be all Americans) and
(b) other people who know no better.
Which one are you?

I'm in good company.

Are you?

Judith:-
"Will the OED do you:
An enclosing framework or border: in the first place, the curved
border of something round, but eventually applied also to things
straight.
The name appears to have originally connoted the curved outline
merely, and to have gradually taken more and more from the sense of
CURB v.2, until this became the characteristic notion, and that of
curvature entirely disappeared. Also spelt kerb."

judith
2008

And?

Mrcheerful in 2012:-
A 13-YEAR-OLD died after she cycled out in front of a car an inquest
heard yesterday
Joy, of Mare Hey Lane, Ewloe, tragically hit her head on the curb when
she landed and died as a result of a massive head injury.

That reads like a cut'n'paste.

I could find it in me to criticise the lack of a "[sic]", I suppose.
Old May 8th 13, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Cut and pasted material does not indicate that I do not know the difference,
I am surprised and disappointed that you think it does, it rather shows that
you are desperately scraping the bottom of a barrel. Grow up.

Old May 8th 13, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

wrote:

[...]

Glad to disappoint you. There's plenty of barrel left.
How grown-up is it to giggle like a schoolgirl at spelling errors? If
you can't catch, don't throw.
Old May 8th 13, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:
[...]

You had your chance at the time.
Old May 8th 13, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

You should write letters to the editors complaining about their errors.
Undoubtedly you would snivel that I had altered the text if I were to
correct it. You cannot have it both ways.

Old May 8th 13, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 08/05/2013 15:17, Mrcheerful wrote:
Squashme wrote:

Cut and pasted material does not indicate that I do not know the difference,
I am surprised and disappointed that you think it does, it rather shows that
you are desperately scraping the bottom of a barrel. Grow up.

Ha can't grow up - he is a cyclist.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old May 8th 13, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:
[...]

If I read it, you mean.

Margaret Hodge JNugent UK 125 May 12th 13 11:52 AM
Lorry driver 'over limit and talking on mobile when he killed cyclist' Uncle Spam UK 9 November 14th 10 09:18 AM
Where is a mobile phone :-) PEO from ITALY UK 1 October 27th 06 08:12 PM
mobile phones whilst cycling? MartinM UK 79 October 10th 06 11:14 PM
Cyclist with mobile phone Gags Australia 2 August 25th 04 01:12 PM