New Rolling Stop Law in Oregon

Old January 1st 20, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default New Rolling Stop Law in Oregon

FYI for those coming to visit. https://katu.com/news/local/bicyclis...n-the-new-year We got the Idaho stop law.

On 1/1/2016 we got the law allowing bicycles go proceed through red lights that wouldn't change. https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...Document/SB533

I don't plan to stop while riding my bike in 2020.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 2nd 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/1/2020 6:14 PM, jbeattie wrote:
FYI for those coming to visit. https://katu.com/news/local/bicyclis...n-the-new-year We got the Idaho stop law.

On 1/1/2016 we got the law allowing bicycles go proceed through red lights that wouldn't change. https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...Document/SB533

I don't plan to stop while riding my bike in 2020.

The Ohio Bicycle Federation go the latter passed a couple years ago. So
far, nobody's pushing for the former here, although I think it's
reasonable. As I've said, a stop sign at a T intersection is visible out
my window. Motorist compliance is about 50%.

I'm least likely to strictly honor a stop sign when on the tandem. That
bike is much less stable at zero or near-zero speed, and significantly
harder to get going again.

Partly because of that, we prefer to ride at or near the front of club
rides. Those "We're going... oops, no we're not" moments could be much
more consequential for us.

--
- Frank Krygowski