FS: NEW ROLF SESTRIERE WHEELSETS SHIMANO OR CAMPY 1700g-1440g

Old April 26th 05, 12:55 AM
Brazen Cycleworks

Default FS: NEW ROLF SESTRIERE WHEELSETS SHIMANO OR CAMPY 1700g-1440g

NEW PAIRED SPOKE DESIGN WHEELSET, PROJECT ONE, ROLF HUBS, VELOCITY
FUSION PAIRED SPOKE DRILLED RIMS, SAPIM RACE DOUBLE BUTTED SPOKES WITH
SELF LOCKING NIPPLES.

New 700c wheelset built to exceed durability of original Rolf Sestriere
design.

Specifications:

Component Size : 700c clincher rims

Hub Component : Original Rolf hubs, 20H front, 24H Rolf Sestriere with
titanium freehub body, silver

Rim Component : New Velocity Fusion rims, black anodized with machined
silver brake track, drilled for Uriel paired spoke wheelset

Component Size : New Sapim Race double butted spokes with Polyax self
locking nipples, same spokes used by Lance and team Discovery Channel

Wheelset weight : Front 805g, Rear 895g, combined weight 1700g

Component Condition: New handbuilt by Master Wheelbuilder

Intended use: Front and rear wheel for road bike, tough enough for
everyday riding fast enough for racing.

Price: $350 shipping and rim strip alternative included

Other features: Winning bidder can choose whether they want Campy
titanium freehub with lockring or Shimano titanium freehub without
lockring.

Wheelset Guarantee: These are strong and fast wheels that are sure to
satisfy, I'm so confident that you will be thrilled with your purchase,
that you can ride the wheels for 14 days, if you are not blown away
with the aero design, smooth hubs and strength you can return them to
me for a full refund of wheelset cost.

Please email me with any questions.

PAYMENT: I take Paypal, money orders and cashier's checks.

SHIPPING: I will pay for continental insured ground shipping with any
wheelset.

Make sure you check my auction for Small Fixed gear bikes.

Check out my 52(c-c) Raleigh Fixy!

Check out my Brazen Cycleworks about my custom wheelbuilding.

Compare my measured weights, Front 805g, Rear 895g, Total 1700g,
versus marketing weights of similar wheelsets.

I also have two other wheelsets not pictured Rolf Sestriere (Project
Two) these are the same build as Project One, but the SAPIM Race double
butted spokes are substituted with SAPIM CX-Rays bladed spokes. This
drops the weight to 1640g and gives you the aero spoke advantage in a
very durable package at $400 shipped.

Rolf Sestriere (Project Three) The rear wheel is paired spoked with
CX-Ray spokes, weighing in at 862g. the front wheel is reworked with
lighter rim, normal radial spoking, American Classic Micro 58 hub,
CX-Ray bladed spokes and alloy nipples, weighing in at 578g. For a
total of 1440g. These are the Ksyrium SSC Killers and lighter than the
original Rolf Sestriere design too. $550 shipped.

Single wheels available as well, let's talk.

Check actual weights versus marketing hype here at Weight Weenies.

Actual Front 805g, Rear 895g, total 1700g.

Compare against:

Rolf Prima Vigor: 635g, 860g 1495g

Classic Rolf Vector Pro: 810g, 979g 1789g

Classic Rolf Sestrie 673g, 842g 1515g

Velocity Spartucus Pro: 783g, 981g 1764g

Velocity Uriel : 740g, 982g 1722g

Velocity Spartucus : 848g, 1062g 1910g

FREE BONUS: New Velocity Veloplugs, replace your sticky gooey rim tape
with a superlight alternative. Picture pending. Normal rim tape weighs
on average, 36g to cover 2 rims. Veloplug for this wheelset are
included free in this auction and weigh only 8 grams, saving 28 grams
per wheelset. It also makes the tires easier to mount and are easy to
use. Veloplugs just and snap in and out, a $20 value.

Other companies that use Velocity Rims: American Classic, Cane Creek,
Velomax, Phil Wood.

What is a Master Wheelbuilder?: A master wheelbuilder is a expert in
constructing wheels. Skills that are included are selection of
components, selection of wheel design, proper component preparation,
proper spoke lacing and tensioning, checking spoke tension,
de-stressing spokes, building wheel that is true laterally and
vertically, consulting with customer to fit the intended use with
proper custom build. I use attention to all the details and apply my
experience from building hundreds of wheels to create the best quality
wheels possible.

If you have any questions about custom wheelbuilding or general wheel
advice check out my Brazen Cycleworks Blog.

Weight is important but it is not everything. Aerodynamics,
Acceleration, Strength and Durability are just as important when
assessing whether a wheelset is right for you. I think this wheelset
offers a great combination of all of these qualities in a single hand
built in USA package. Ride On. Eric.