Straighten Alloy Handlebars ?

Old June 2nd 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Straighten Alloy Handlebars ?

Bob wrote:

I have a rather unique set of TTT alloy bars that has a slight bend in
them. I think a careful push with a press would bring them back into
line.

How dumb an idea is this? I've heard that alloy should not be rebent.

Don't do it. Think how dumb you'll feel as you're hurling your chin
toward the ground...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com