Oregon vs California law graphic

Old February 7th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Eric Vey

Default Oregon vs California law graphic

An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html
Old February 7th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the safety
distance to be kept from the parking cars.
Old February 7th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Eric Vey

Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the safety
distance to be kept from the parking cars.

That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters wide, but
in my city, they are .9 meters wide.
Old February 7th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Eric Vey schrieb:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the safety
distance to be kept from the parking cars.

That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters wide, but
in my city, they are .9 meters wide.

1.2 m right next to parking cars marks the zone not to drive on, as well.
Old February 7th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Eric Vey

Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the safety
distance to be kept from the parking cars.

That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters wide,
but in my city, they are .9 meters wide.

1.2 m right next to parking cars marks the zone not to drive on, as well.

Bike lanes that run next to parallel parking are just plain dumb. But
there they are. And if you don't use the bike lane when there is one
there, then the motorists get mad at you. There is no legal requirement
to use a bike lane yet in this state, but in some states there are.

From that article I made that post about just for you:

Mandatory Bike Lane Use

Six states require cyclists to use the bike lane if one is marked on the
road (AL, CA, HI, MD, OR, PA). All of these rules, except Alabama's,
provide exceptions, as shown in Table 4.

Old February 8th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Eric Vey wrote:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the
safety distance to be kept from the parking cars.

That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters wide,
but in my city, they are .9 meters wide.

1.2 m right next to parking cars marks the zone not to drive on, as well.

Bike lanes that run next to parallel parking are just plain dumb. But
there they are. And if you don't use the bike lane when there is one
there, then the motorists get mad at you....

Not according to the BICYCLE LANE ZEALOTS. Of course, they seem to lack
experience of real world motorists.

Old February 8th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Z.

Tom Sherman writes:

Eric Vey wrote:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the
safety distance to be kept from the parking cars.

That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters
wide, but in my city, they are .9 meters wide.

1.2 m right next to parking cars marks the zone not to drive on, as well.

Bike lanes that run next to parallel parking are just plain
dumb. But there they are. And if you don't use the bike lane when
there is one there, then the motorists get mad at you....

Not according to the BICYCLE LANE ZEALOTS. Of course, they seem to
lack experience of real world motorists.

No, it is the anti-bike lane zealots who have no sense of reality.

Some drivers will get mad at you no matter what. In one case, some
woman screamed and honked at me while I was riding in a bike lane.
What got her mad is that I stopped at stop sign and she was somewhat
behind me and wanted to make a right turn, so she had to wait a
couple of seconds for me to clear the intersection. Traffic was
so light that, as far as I could see in either direction, including
along the cross street, there was precisely one bicycle and one
automobile using those roads.

There's a simple solution to the problem - don't give licenses
to people who lack the maturity needed to operate a motor vehicle.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 8th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Eric Vey

Tom Sherman wrote:
Eric Vey wrote:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html

Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the
safety distance to be kept from the parking cars.

That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters wide,
but in my city, they are .9 meters wide.

1.2 m right next to parking cars marks the zone not to drive on, as
well.

Bike lanes that run next to parallel parking are just plain dumb. But
there they are. And if you don't use the bike lane when there is one
there, then the motorists get mad at you....

Not according to the BICYCLE LANE ZEALOTS. Of course, they seem to lack
experience of real world motorists.

A neighboring city I ride in a lot put in miles of these bike lanes next
to parallel parking. Did anyone from the League of American Bicyclists
see this and say, "We appreciate your effort, but you ought not to do
that. " Nope, they gave them an AWARD! And what does this august group
of experts say on their website?

# Bike lanes
* You do not have to ride within a bike lane if you are avoiding a
hazard
* Cars must not drive in bike lanes but bikes may leave bike lanes
at any time
* Regardless of bike lane position, never ride within three feet of
any parked car

They say this with a straight face, KNOWING that A. Motorists don't seem
to understand when to move over into the lane to make a right turn and
B. they are giving out awards to cities that create dangerous conditions
so that they can get that award.

There really is only one way to describe that behavior: irresponsible.
Old February 8th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

Eric Vey schrieb:
[...]

Sounds just like the German Cyclist Association (ADFC) ...
Old February 9th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bill Zaumen wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

Eric Vey wrote:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
Jens Müller wrote:
Eric Vey schrieb:
An excellent animated graphic depicting both.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/multimedi...animation.html
Umm ...

The "bike lane" is too small to drive on. It seems to mark the
safety distance to be kept from the parking cars.
That's what they look like here. They are typically 1.2 meters
wide, but in my city, they are .9 meters wide.
1.2 m right next to parking cars marks the zone not to drive on, as well.
Bike lanes that run next to parallel parking are just plain
dumb. But there they are. And if you don't use the bike lane when
there is one there, then the motorists get mad at you....

Not according to the BICYCLE LANE ZEALOTS. Of course, they seem to
lack experience of real world motorists.

No, it is the anti-bike lane zealots who have no sense of reality....

Watch what the drivers do (somewhere other than Silly Cone valley).

Graphic design jerseys Mika Techniques 3 June 18th 07 06:37 PM
World Transport - a great graphic.. PiledHigher Australia 2 August 28th 06 01:16 PM
Graphic for muscle recruitment comparing standing/sitting? [email protected] Techniques 5 June 14th 06 02:06 PM
Hermiston, Oregon to Hood River, Oregon? Ted Rides 7 December 4th 05 08:12 AM