Ride your bike to the Polls

Old November 2nd 04, 01:30 PM
Maggie

Default Ride your bike to the Polls

I hope every American Citizen remembers to vote today. I voted at
6:00 a.m. with my family. I didn't ride my bike because the polling
place is around the corner from our home. I just hope we have a
President when I wake up tomorrow. A repeat of last year will really
suck.
Peace and Stuff

''Election coverage without results is like pornography without
nudity.''
Old November 2nd 04, 02:51 PM
the black rose

Maggie wrote:
I hope every American Citizen remembers to vote today. I voted at
6:00 a.m. with my family. I didn't ride my bike because the polling
place is around the corner from our home. I just hope we have a
President when I wake up tomorrow. A repeat of last year will really
suck.
Peace and Stuff

''Election coverage without results is like pornography without
nudity.''

Local club here is doing an election day ride -- they're
getting together and riding to everybody's polling places.
I live two blocks from my polling place, and I'm not free
for rides on Tuesday mornings (gotta be up at the college at
11am), so I just walked over early this morning.

Looked like a good turnout. Better than 2000, anyway.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old November 2nd 04, 03:45 PM
AustinMN

Maggie wrote:
I just hope we have a
President when I wake up tomorrow. A repeat of last year will really
suck.

Last year...I think it was four years ago. And it was brought on by a
democrat.

Old November 2nd 04, 05:19 PM
Diablo Scott

Rode my bike about a half mile to the booth at 7am. There was another
cyclist there too and they let us park our bikes inside (a church gym).
I suspect we were both Kerry voters. Also, I like to put those (I
VOTED) stickers on my helmet; one of them says "YA VOTÉ"

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/
Old November 2nd 04, 06:31 PM

After stopping at the neighborhood coffeeshop and filling my thermos, I
rode my bike to the poll and completely bypassed the gridlock in the
middle school parking lot. I rode right up to the doors, rolled the
bike inside, leaned it against the wall in the hallway, waited in line
for two hours, voted for W and various other candidates and measures,
and got into work at 10:00 a.m.

I saw two other commuting cyclists on the road, but I didn't see any
other cyclists at the polling location. Saw plenty of Kerry bumper
stickers on large SUVs and got *that close* to being right-hooked this
morning by a young woman driving a Saab sporting "Defeat Bush" bumpers
stickers.

RFM in Boulder County, CO

Old November 2nd 04, 06:35 PM
Dane Jackson

the black rose wrote:

Looked like a good turnout. Better than 2000, anyway.

My polling place is on the way to work, only about a block out of the
way. The turnout wasn't fab, I was voter ~100 at about 8:30. Granted
it was peeing down rain this morning, but it's Seattle, you think
people would be used to it.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"I can't see a conspicuous evolutionary advantage in being good at
Old November 2nd 04, 06:56 PM
dgk

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:52:28 GMT, Little Meow wrote:

Maggie wrote:

I hope every American Citizen remembers to vote today. I voted at
6:00 a.m. with my family. I didn't ride my bike because the polling
place is around the corner from our home. I just hope we have a
President when I wake up tomorrow. A repeat of last year will really
suck.
Peace and Stuff

''Election coverage without results is like pornography without
nudity.''

I rode my bike out 5 minutes before poll opening.
For all offices, I wrote in "Little Meow".
It's a good thing I brought a sharpie, because
ball point doesn't write too well on the Diebold
screen.

Glass etchers.
Old November 2nd 04, 07:47 PM
Beverly

"Maggie" wrote in message
om...
I hope every American Citizen remembers to vote today. I voted at
6:00 a.m. with my family. I didn't ride my bike because the polling
place is around the corner from our home. I just hope we have a
President when I wake up tomorrow. A repeat of last year will really
suck.
Peace and Stuff

''Election coverage without results is like pornography without
nudity.''

I'll be voting after work so it will be dark and I won't be riding the bike.
I'm just hoping we don't have too much of a mess at the polls. There will
be people challenging votes at some Ohio voting locations today. After a
tough day of working on production problems at work I don't want people in
my face at the polls tonight!

Beverly - who just has a feeling this is going to be worse than the last
election