Buying and Selling

Old October 1st 17, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Buying and Selling

On 10/1/2017 10:02 AM, Joerg wrote:
Well, we now have a president who understands this stuff.
Whether he does something about it is another matter.

I doubt Trump understands postage rates any better than he understands
African geography.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/21/africa...rnd/index.html

And of course, there are many more topics about which we could say the same.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 1st 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/1/2017 11:09 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 2:50:08 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 12:55:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 6:07:16 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/29/2017 6:41 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 3:06:48 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
snip

What are you talking about Andrew? Kozinsky retired in 2014.

Thanks I did not know that.
(I think the nation is better off)

He didn't retire. He simply finished his term as chief judge.

-- Jay Beattie.

Well, thanks to you more.
I can't say I follow Federal judicial terms closely.

He retired as a member of the Supreme Court. He is simply a judge now. I have sat awaiting trial for some dumb-ass "felony" because I failed to appear for a traffic ticket when my memory was disconnected. During this time I saw a black man charged with murder be arraigned wearing an expensive suit (this guy was homeless) and a white guy also there on a murder charge that had a prison jumpsuit and chains between his wrists and ankles. What sort of left wing nutcake judge allowed this?

So do not act as if this guy should not be allowed as a judge.

What are you talking about? Kozinski was never on the Supreme Court -- at least not on the US Supreme Court. He's a Ninth Circuit judge.

BTW, since when did clothing matter at an arraignment? It's a five minute process assuming no big issue with bail, and judges don't give a sh** what the defendants are wearing. Dress-up day is trial.

The rest of your post is nonsensical and does not warrant a response.

Tell us Jay - if you don't like him on the court why don't you start protests outside of his courtrooms? Or rather than that you can snivel about him here where it really makes a difference.

Why not protest? Because it's pointless, by design.

A Federal judge or justice can only be removed through the
impeachment process[1] in the US Congress.

Good luck with that.

[1] an academic theorist named Prakash has a loophole theory
about this. I think he's mistaken but then again I am not an
attorney.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 2nd 17, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 01 Oct 2017 07:02:34 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-09-30 17:03, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 07:35:34 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-09-29 18:51, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:09:48 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-09-19 07:06, wrote:
I'm pretty sensitive to component prices since I have to build everything up from scratch.

One thing that has become clear lately is that buying from an on-line store directly is becoming cheaper than buying from Ebay or Amazon.

This topped it all: The two paint brushes I ordered from Hong Kong via
EBay on Sep-19 were shipped on Sep-20 and arrived on Sep-28, via
airmail. For all of $3 including shipping. I couldn't ship them to the
other side of town even if I gave them away.

Nobody can tell me that there isn't anything lopsided about the
conditions that Chinese merchants get versus those that US merchants get.

Of course there is. But remember, mail rates are set by the country
from which the item is mailed. Or to put it another way, why are U.S.
mail rates so high?

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Your argument doesn't hold water. As I have told you (and you can
check for your self) postage rates in many countries are lower, in
many cases far lower, then those in the U.S.

Are we to assume that any and all countries who's postage rates are
lower than the U.S. are involved in some sort of international
conspiracy to defraud the U.S.

Run the numbers. The $3 includes shipping _and_ merchandise. The stuff
is also quite bulky, came in a padded envelope large than letter A. Via
aircraft.

This would be unfair trade practices which can be acted upon by other
countries. Just like an aircraft manufacturer just got slapped with a
hefty tariff even while a trade agreement was (still) in place.

You mean that all countries in the world must increase their postage
rates to match the extremely high rates in the U.S. ? Why isn't it
even more logical for the U.S. to drop their rates to match those in
other countries?

This is about subsidies that in effect undermine the economy of other
countrides. Same as dumping and there are laws against dumping. There
also ought to be laws against "freight charge dumping". Or at least
actions. Well, we now have a president who understands this stuff.
Whether he does something about it is another matter.

I know that you keep saying "subsidy" but is it true? I ask as , I
believe, all Asian countries have cheaper postal rates then the U.S.
Do you suppose that is a conspiracy to undermine the U.S. shipping
industry?

Or just another example of the U.S. pricing themselves out of the
international economy?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 4th 17, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 9/30/2017 7:35 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Wrong. The U.S. is subsidizing it. Almost all of the cost in postal
services is in the delivery to individual addresses.
Old October 4th 17, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-10-04 09:12, sms wrote:
On 9/30/2017 7:35 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Wrong. The U.S. is subsidizing it. Almost all of the cost in postal
services is in the delivery to individual addresses.

So how does China Post operate its aircraft? On three gallons of
electrolyte mix? Somehow they manage to arrive here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old October 4th 17, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 9:12:02 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 9/30/2017 7:35 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Wrong. The U.S. is subsidizing it. Almost all of the cost in postal
services is in the delivery to individual addresses.

China Post DOES pay USPS fees. Up to $1.50 for a one lb package. And they pay USPS MUCH more for packages than they cost to send in China.

Old October 5th 17, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:29:08 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-10-04 09:12, sms wrote:
On 9/30/2017 7:35 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Wrong. The U.S. is subsidizing it. Almost all of the cost in postal
services is in the delivery to individual addresses.

So how does China Post operate its aircraft? On three gallons of
electrolyte mix? Somehow they manage to arrive here.

China Post operate airplanes?
http://www.aircargonews.net/news/air...-contract.html
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old October 6th 17, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-10-04 09:12, sms wrote:
On 9/30/2017 7:35 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Wrong. The U.S. is subsidizing it. Almost all of the cost in postal
services is in the delivery to individual addresses.

So how does China Post operate its aircraft? On three gallons of
electrolyte mix? Somehow they manage to arrive here.

China Post operate airplanes?

They do.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...irlines-cf-cyz

http://www.aircargonews.net/news/air...-contract.html

And the Boeing 747 you see on the picture flies on three gallons of
electrolyte mix from Shenzhen to Oakland or how do they manage sub-$1
postage fes for large packages?

Old October 6th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-10-04 09:12, sms wrote:
On 9/30/2017 7:35 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

There can only be one reason. The Chinese are subsidizing it and the
government is paying for a large chunk of operatingh the China Post
aircraft or any hired air transport.

Wrong. The U.S. is subsidizing it. Almost all of the cost in postal
services is in the delivery to individual addresses.

So how does China Post operate its aircraft? On three gallons of
electrolyte mix? Somehow they manage to arrive here.

China Post operate airplanes?

They do.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...irlines-cf-cyz

http://www.aircargonews.net/news/air...-contract.html

And the Boeing 747 you see on the picture flies on three gallons of
electrolyte mix from Shenzhen to Oakland or how do they manage sub-$1
postage fes for large packages?

Not to mention that they are paying USPS MORE to deliver said packages than they charge their own customers to send it here.
Old October 6th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 10/5/2017 4:55 PM, Joerg wrote:

snip

And the Boeing 747 you see on the picture flies on three gallons of
electrolyte mix from Shenzhen to Oakland or how do they manage sub-$1
postage fes for large packages?

Read in that article what Qantas is carrying for China Post. A container
filled with very small and light packages is going to cost very little
per item, even if there are occasional larger packages.

BTW, many countries do subsidize their postal services. In the U.S., the
value of laws that benefit the USPS are estimated at $18 billion per
year. http://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

which newsgroups specialize in buying/selling gear? Larry[_5_] Mountain Biking 1 April 25th 08 12:40 PM
SELLING F85 [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 18th 08 01:24 AM
Selling my new 661 4x4 newtouni Unicycling 6 June 2nd 04 02:21 AM
Anyone selling? CouldUni Unicycling 2 November 26th 03 05:33 AM
House buying/renovation/selling........ Tony Hayes UK 5 October 26th 03 06:50 PM