Best Road Saddles

Old October 5th 17, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Best Road Saddles

On 10/5/2017 10:14 AM, jbeattie wrote:

I still have a 1977 Cinelli Unicanitor on my commuter. Great saddle. Leather doesn't like all the wet weather, and I was never a fan -- but saddles are a person choice.

The big deal now is to get your butt measured and to buy a saddle that fits to the micron.

To me, that's the big question. I have different saddles on every bike.
Some are more comfortable than others. But ISTM shopping for a new one
is a crap shoot.

So, how to choose? Since we're all different down there, asking others'
recommendations seems futile.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 6th 17, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 10:57:11 PM UTC-4, Joy Beeson wrote:
Snipped
Back in the late twentieth century, my local bike club was about half
women, and often a majority of the officers -- except for the muddy
chairman -- were female.

I haven't seen *any* female club riders in the last fifteen years, and
I'm the only female cyclist on Usenet. Wha' Hoppin?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

They went to forums some of which are closed to men. It helps to avoid the many trolls inhabiting Usenet.

Cheers
Old October 6th 17, 05:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/5/2017 9:57 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I haven't seen *any* female club riders in the last fifteen years, and
I'm the only female cyclist on Usenet. Wha' Hoppin?

Well, Usenet tends to get contentious, and it seems to me lots of women
don't like that. (Is that a sexist statement?)

Our bike club has lots of women who are active riders. It's probably
close to 50/50 women/men.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 6th 17, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 7:57:11 PM UTC-7, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:46:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Which saddles do you find most comfortable for long fast road rides?

After prolonged research into possible replacements for my
spectacularly-worn Avocet WII, I went to the local bike shop and
bought the only woman's saddle in stock.

That saddle is starting to unravel now. I'd better check to see
whether they have *any* woman's saddle.

Back in the late twentieth century, my local bike club was about half
women, and often a majority of the officers -- except for the muddy
chairman -- were female.

I haven't seen *any* female club riders in the last fifteen years, and
I'm the only female cyclist on Usenet. Wha' Hoppin?

No worries Joy. Women may be attracted to clubs giving you the idea that half of the riders were female but as far as I could tell they were only about 10%. Now out on the roads I'm seeing about 20% of the riders or more being women so there is a continuous acceptance of cycling by women.

One thing though - women appear to be less sociable now. I wave at other cyclists and women do not usually wave back. Perhaps that has to do with the continuous barrage of rape stories in the news. Now that they're getting used to me on my routes they will wave back but for awhile there they would look the other way. Hey lady - if you get a flat and need some help are you going to look the other way when a male cyclist comes by?
Old October 6th 17, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

: One thing though - women appear to be less sociable now.

:Women haven't changed. It's your grey hair, pal.

Obvious mental illness doesn't help, either.

Sometimes its a plus, though.
http://d26v70zl50qz3k.cloudfront.net...zine-cover.jpg Charlie is still a total chick magnet.

-- Jay Beattie.