A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

British Cycling News



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 8th 17, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,032
Default British Cycling News

Don't try this yourself. These are professionals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...r-Britain.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Ads
  #2  
Old September 8th 17, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,346
Default British Cycling News

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 6:53:06 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
Don't try this yourself. These are professionals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...r-Britain.html


You have to wonder why they would allow a car parked at the exit from a turn in the worse possible place. Probably because the car had a disabled sticker and the law allows them to virtually park anywhere they want.

I cleaned by car out of everything - including the disabled sticker which I have to change over to the new car. The problem is that because of this damned anti-seizure medication I can't remember where I put the paperwork.

The only reason I registered as handicapped is because I don't have any balance from the medication and couldn't possibly pass a drunk test. So they would have to use one of those blow-into devices.
  #3  
Old September 8th 17, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,256
Default British Cycling News

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:38:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The problem is that because of this damned anti-seizure medication I can't remember where I put the paperwork.

The only reason I registered as handicapped is because I don't have any balance from the medication and couldn't possibly pass a drunk test.


You have no balance, and ride a bicycle? I am aware that bicycles are self balancing once up to speed, but I think it still requires the rider to have some natural balance.

  #4  
Old September 9th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,700
Default British Cycling News

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 08:52:41 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
Don't try this yourself. These are professionals.


Well, the riders might be professional. The organizers are strictly
amateur.
  #5  
Old September 10th 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,346
Default British Cycling News

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 1:48:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:38:17 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The problem is that because of this damned anti-seizure medication I can't remember where I put the paperwork.

The only reason I registered as handicapped is because I don't have any balance from the medication and couldn't possibly pass a drunk test.


You have no balance, and ride a bicycle? I am aware that bicycles are self balancing once up to speed, but I think it still requires the rider to have some natural balance.


Your slow speed balance on a bike is almost entirely with vision. I can't ride with my hands off of the bars anymore but can ride normally otherwise.

I don't have any balance not so much because I don't have balance but because the medication makes the front half of both feet numb and I can't tell if I'm countering a fall with pressure via feet.

I absolutely cannot stand and hold my head back. I cannot stand on one leg. In the dark I have to put a hand on the wall to remain upright. A cop will let you fall down and crack your skull and I've had enough concussions thank you.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
British Cycling Judith[_4_] UK 0 February 22nd 17 10:42 AM
Wiggins, Cavendish and British Cycling [email protected][_2_] UK 94 July 27th 12 12:56 AM
Another British News Scandal = Young Cyclist Grifts Money for Charity Vagina Gorilla Racing 6 October 7th 11 11:28 PM
The Immigrant Mass Rape of British Women in the News This Week - 13thOct 2010. For the Victims of Multiculturalism UK 0 October 13th 10 12:14 PM
Cycling accidents - British TV documentary ed UK 31 October 15th 08 04:40 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.