Kryptonite’s Top 10 Worst Cities for Bike Theft

Old July 14th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ablang

Default Kryptonite’s Top 10 Worst Cities for Bike Theft

Kryptonite’s Top 10 Worst Cities for Bike Theft

http://bikehacks.com/kryptonite%e2%8...or-bike-theft/

This list of cities with the worst bike theft comes from the
Kryptonite Blog. I am happy to say that NYC is not #1. You have to
wonder though, how many bike thefts go unreported each year?

1. Philadelphia, PA
2. Chicago, IL
3. New York City, NY
4. San Francisco, CA
5. Tucson, AZ (tie)
Portland, OR (tie)
7. Denver, CO
8. New Haven, CT
9. Cambridge, MA
10. Austin, TX
Old July 14th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

http://bikehacks.com/kryptonite%e2%8...or-bike-theft/

This list of cities with the worst bike theft comes from the
Kryptonite Blog. I am happy to say that NYC is not #1. You have
to wonder though, how many bike thefts go unreported each year?

=v= Kryptonite compiles this list every year, though they don't
rely entirely on police data. They have some sort of super-duper
top secret research methods that we can only wonder about.

=v= If this photoset is any indication, I think we can account
for San Francisco slipping down into the #4 slot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geeksti...7621375725108/

http://flic.kr/p/6EkoyR

This bike thief is clearly Popeye's father, Poopdeck Pappy, and
his health has clearly been in decline since he's switched to
cigarettes from a pipe fulla spinach.
_Jym_

Old July 14th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Norman

On Jul 14, 9:11*am, Ablang wrote:
Kryptonite’s Top 10 Worst Cities for Bike Theft

1. Philadelphia, PA
2. Chicago, IL
3. New York City, NY

Yeah, Philly! Damn right weir numper won!

Old July 15th 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_18_]

Ablang wrote:
Kryptonite’s Top 10 Worst Cities for Bike Theft

http://bikehacks.com/kryptonite%e2%8...or-bike-theft/

This list of cities with the worst bike theft comes from the
Kryptonite Blog. I am happy to say that NYC is not #1. You have to
wonder though, how many bike thefts go unreported each year?

1. Philadelphia, PA
2. Chicago, IL
3. New York City, NY
4. San Francisco, CA
5. Tucson, AZ (tie)
Portland, OR (tie)
7. Denver, CO
8. New Haven, CT
9. Cambridge, MA
10. Austin, TX

It was 108 yesterday in Dallas. I'll bet no bikes were stolen. Even the
thieves won't want to ride....

Pat in TX

Bike theft twofourfour General 12 October 1st 08 10:35 PM
Bike-friendly cities? cfsmtb Australia 8 July 31st 06 12:23 AM
Another bike theft Cliff UK 7 October 24th 05 12:27 AM
On bike theft Kit Wolf UK 1 September 28th 05 08:25 AM
Real Bike Cities. Red Cloud General 80 June 10th 04 02:12 AM