Dan Heaton's Amazing Jump Analized (pic)

Old September 29th 04, 12:40 AM
Robbie

Yeah I'd prolly have to say Dan Heaton is actually my hero. Maybe one
day I'll get to meet him at a unicon or something. But he has done alot
for the sport, with Universe and Universe 2.

--
Robbie - Street Unicyclist

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums...-900/dr_z.gif]
Greeny23
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

Old September 29th 04, 01:05 AM
gerblefranklin

Hey Murde_Mental, I've been thinking the same thing as you. I've done
over 32", so I figure that ought to be doable for me, although I
chickened out on a 32" rolling hop at CMW way to many times (I never
even went for it).

Also, when I want to do a big rolling hop, I usualy work my way up to it
from around 28" in 1" increments until it's too intimidating, and then I
go every 1/2". The 7 pallettes in U2, according to Dan was a bit over
36". I'm not 100% sure, though.

Potter: Scine it seems as if noone's answered your question, here's the
answer: Most people measure their pedals so they KNOW they'll line up.
The start off at the point of planned takeoff, and roll backwards and
then ride up and do the hop. There's and example of thei when I jump up
a 4 set in my gallery.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

Old September 29th 04, 02:11 AM
Murde Mental

If by "chickend out" you mean going back and foward so as to get your
pedals strait then that doesn't count as chickening out. It would count
if you decide to jump anyways but bail and just land your foot on the
table.

But I haven't been able to practise my rolling hops in weeks GRRR!

On the bright side my side hops have been catching up to them.

If you're ever on aim I'll show you some clips from my movie. (of my
side-hops. I haven't been able to film my rolling-hops.)

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

"Cyclists of the world unite!
You have nothing to lose but your other wheel!"

~Owen Kirby

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Flying Jump Mount daino149 Unicycling 11 February 4th 04 04:14 AM
jump mounts muniracer Unicycling 8 October 4th 03 10:59 PM