BR tommorrow? Fires? Different route?

Old January 28th 06, 05:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default BR tommorrow? Fires? Different route?

Anyone done some reccy in the car, or up for some before tomorrow?
Are the fires at Kinglake still burning? Does the st andrews region
smell badly of smoke? Is it a wise idea to find a different route
tomorrow, or perhaps have our first week ever since its inception of
not having a BR, instead doing one of the other hill rides?

Or should we just wing it, and see how things are on the day?

--
TimC
Sign on door of computing lecturer: "If your project is 90% right,
Old January 28th 06, 06:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:
Anyone done some reccy in the car, or up for some before tomorrow?
Are the fires at Kinglake still burning? Does the st andrews region
smell badly of smoke? Is it a wise idea to find a different route
tomorrow, or perhaps have our first week ever since its inception of
not having a BR, instead doing one of the other hill rides?

Or should we just wing it, and see how things are on the day?

Don't know the answer to any of these questions. If it's dry, I'll be
at the start point at the usual time and just go where the bunch goes.
I'd be alright with a different route, but then I'm not sure how much
we'd be affected on the usual route.

Old January 28th 06, 06:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle

blah Wrote:
TimC wrote:
Anyone done some reccy in the car, or up for some before tomorrow?
Are the fires at Kinglake still burning? Does the st andrews region
smell badly of smoke? Is it a wise idea to find a different route
tomorrow, or perhaps have our first week ever since its inception of
not having a BR, instead doing one of the other hill rides?

Or should we just wing it, and see how things are on the day?

Don't know the answer to any of these questions. If it's dry, I'll be
at the start point at the usual time and just go where the bunch goes.
I'd be alright with a different route, but then I'm not sure how much
we'd be affected on the usual route.

Is the usual time 7:20ish, or the revised usual time now 6:30?

But yeah , pretty much what blah said

Ash

--
a5hi5m

Old January 28th 06, 08:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle

a5hi5m wrote:

Is the usual time 7:20ish, or the revised usual time now 6:30?

But yeah , pretty much what blah said

Ash

Let's assume 7:20 and discuss 6:30 at tomorrow's ride.

DaveB
Old January 28th 06, 08:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

DaveB Wrote:
a5hi5m wrote:

Is the usual time 7:20ish, or the revised usual time now 6:30?

But yeah , pretty much what blah said

Ash

Let's assume 7:20 and discuss 6:30 at tomorrow's ride.

DaveB

Firstly it isn't going to rain, the only moisture you'll be getting is
the sweat pouring off you because of the humidity. Second, I don't
think the smoke is going to be an issue, but I don't mind if people
want an alternative route, as long as theres hills involved. Lastly
the thought of having to rise at 4.30am, well lets just say isn't very
appealing!

--
essendon93

Old January 28th 06, 09:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:
Anyone done some reccy in the car, or up for some before tomorrow?
Are the fires at Kinglake still burning? Does the st andrews region
smell badly of smoke? Is it a wise idea to find a different route
tomorrow, or perhaps have our first week ever since its inception of
not having a BR, instead doing one of the other hill rides?

Or should we just wing it, and see how things are on the day?

Hi there,
Fire north of Kinglake is now officially `contained', read, it is
burning itself out in the forest 2 km north of the town. Melba Hwy was
open this arvo, along with Kinglake Rd from Mt Slide, as I presume is
road from Hurstbridge/St Andrews. Stick to the sealed roads and you
should have no problem. Forecast is humid and more rain storms, not a
bushfire day.
Ray.
Old January 28th 06, 09:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle

essendon93 Wrote:
Firstly it isn't going to rain, the only moisture you'll be getting is
the sweat pouring off you because of the humidity. Second, I don't
think the smoke is going to be an issue, but I don't mind if people
want an alternative route, as long as theres hills involved. Lastly
the thought of having to rise at 4.30am, well lets just say isn't very
appealing!

2nded... 7:20am works all year round.. unless it is a 35deg+ day with a
hot wind early on... I'll be BRing at same time, same place, same
route..... stops optional depending if I have company

cheers,
GPL

--
gplama