Another daft 'bent question

Old December 7th 06, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

Default Another daft 'bent question

Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
they seem to delight in? Would it be in the "Sports" class. Would I
^T he have to go round at a fearful rate of knots to avoid looking a
complete eejit?

And what does "O" in the class list represent? Open would make sense,
but I can't see it in the list of things.

Any former editors of the BHPC comic care to comment?

Tim
Old December 7th 06, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tim Hall wrote:
Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
they seem to delight in? Would it be in the "Sports" class.

Yes. An R40 will have a seat height of greater than the minimum 350mm
required for this class.

Would he have to go round at a fearful rate of knots to avoid looking a
complete eejit?

Some BHPC members go round at high speed and _still_ look like complete
eejits. Does that answer your question? Seriously, "no".

And what does "O" in the class list represent? Open would make sense,
but I can't see it in the list of things.

It does indeed mean "Open". In reallity it equates to the "Faired"
class, but anything which didn't meet the criteria for the other
classes would be included as well.

Any former editors of the BHPC comic care to comment?

I expect Legs will be along shortly.

Tim Costen

Old December 7th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Tim Hall tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
they seem to delight in? Would it be in the "Sports" class. Would I
^T he have to go round at a fearful rate of knots to avoid looking a
complete eejit?

And what does "O" in the class list represent? Open would make sense,
but I can't see it in the list of things.

Any former editors of the BHPC comic care to comment?

And as if by legerdemain, one appears...

Yes, it'd be in t'Sports Class, and yes, O=Open. Everything is a subset of
Open, so in looking at the results:

O = Open class only (fully-faired)
U = Unfaired (tail fairing permitted)
M = Multitrack (unfaired/tail-faired trikes/quads)
L = Ladies
S = Sports
A = arm-powered
J = Junior (rider aged 10-16 at start of season, IIRC)

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

OK, OK, OK: Ready for Today's Daft Question? Naomi Unicycling 14 May 26th 05 03:04 PM
Daft chainring question Tim Hall UK 3 March 20th 05 10:04 AM
Giant frame sizing - daft question Paul UK 7 March 5th 05 08:31 AM
Daft question Chris Nowak UK 23 February 2nd 05 09:28 PM
Daft question about shifters Victor Meldrew UK 3 July 13th 03 08:15 PM