specialized allez or trek 1000

Old May 23rd 07, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default specialized allez or trek 1000

I am trying to choose between either of these as a first road bike (I
am a MTB rider normally) but their frames appear fundamentally
different: the Trek top bar slopes forward and the Spec slopes back -
any reason for this?
Cheers

Old May 23rd 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave R

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to choose between either of these as a first road bike (I
am a MTB rider normally) but their frames appear fundamentally
different: the Trek top bar slopes forward and the Spec slopes back -
any reason for this?
Cheers

I bought a Specialized Allez back in January as my 'first proper road bike'
and have been thoroughly pleased with it. My only quibble was with the
tyres, but I changed them almost straight away and have been enjoying riding
it ever since. I don't know much about the Trek as my LBS doesn't stock them
so I can't give you a comparison, just a thumbs up for the Allez.

Dave

Old May 23rd 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
simonk

On Wed, 23 May 2007 20:48:37 +0100, Dave R wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to choose between either of these as a first road bike (I
am a MTB rider normally) but their frames appear fundamentally
different: the Trek top bar slopes forward and the Spec slopes back -
any reason for this?
Cheers

I bought a Specialized Allez back in January as my 'first proper road bike'
and have been thoroughly pleased with it. My only quibble was with the
tyres, but I changed them almost straight away and have been enjoying riding
it ever since. I don't know much about the Trek as my LBS doesn't stock them
so I can't give you a comparison, just a thumbs up for the Allez.

Seconded, I got an Allez Elite on bike-to-work a couple of weeks ago and it's
great.

--
simonk

Old May 23rd 07, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thedudeinthehat

it was the dodgy connection

connection

conection