Jean Paul Cokre

Old October 2nd 04, 07:13 AM
Magic 8 Ball

Mikefule wrote:
*Too many hours on the Coker can lead my mind down many philosophical
paths. For example: blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah.
If we are to believe Plato, blah blah Socrates blah. Therefore, if a
man did blah, it was because blah. A modern comparison can be made
with my ex blah. Sartre blah monkey blah rationalising blah
multi-layered blah Shrek blah Milligan's blah me blah glad we got blah
the word blah Coker blah in there somewhere blah existentialism starts
to bite tonight. *

Concentrate and type again...

--
Magic 8 Ball - Concentrate and ask again...
Magic 8 Ball's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5545

Old October 4th 04, 09:18 AM
Uniwitold

Due to my various limitations I philosophized ,a bit, why I am doing
this apparently usless job of uniing not being able even to aspire to
the astral performance of THE MOST.
And once I have concluded.......
UNICYCLING , for me, is the attempt of keeping balance between stilnes
and motion.It is constant attempting and never achieving.
It is rehersing perfect MINIATURE OF LIVING.....I am still thrilled
with
living......So I put myselve, consciously, into this GAME of LIFE and
STILNES......avoiding stilnes at all cost .
Fun!

Uniwitold.

--
Uniwitold

Veni !Vidi !Mount ! ' Public does not perceive it reacts'. Greg
Harper.
Uniwitold's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2181

Old October 4th 04, 09:52 AM
GILD

Mikefule wrote:
*Wow, talk about a late revival. This thread's about 5 months old.*

yeah, sorry, all my fault

i posted a piece about Plato's comments about debating on one of the
political threads over in JC and womndered if Plato's ever been
mentioned on the forum so i did a quick search and this was one of the
search results
a thread with this title penned by your good self was simply more than
this mere mortal could withstand so i had to have a quick peek as i seem
ot have missed it first time aroundMrBoogiejuice wrote:
*Are you quitting at the moment? Do you have any handy hints? *

i'm 3 days away from 4 months
that's a quarter year
it's not like i'm counting or anything

handy hints?
quitting is easy, staying quit is the bitch

turn the negative into a positve
don't quit
rather become a non-smoker
change the (negative) denial into a (positive) achievement

i've found it helpfull to go on a bit of a health-trip
cut out coffee, rather drink hot water with freshly squeezed lemon when
u would normally have had a cup of coffee
cut out the alcohol for a while
u'll feel a lot better and help avoid situations where u would've had a
cigarette in the past
lose the red meat and have loads of salads and steamed fish and fresh
fruit and raw veggies

spend your cigarette-money on yourself
non-negotiably
don't put it into your mortgage (alltho this would be 'best-advice',
financially speaking), spend it on yourself
go and buy however many CD's u can get for the amount u spent on
cigarettes and go buy them as soon as u get paid
invest it in some short- to medium term investement vehicle
in 3-5 years your cig-money could grow to a nice lil chunk and u can buy
yourself a decent sound system for your house, or a couple of killer
unis or send your kid to college or put down a nice deposit on a car
just don't let that money kinda filter back into your day-to-day
expenditure
keep it seperate and spend it on u

and go and smell a smoker after they've had a cig every so often
that stink's got to be the best way to 'stay quit'

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser and Time-bider

If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
-- Alice 'Roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) Longworth
I'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.
-- Oscar Levant

'[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
Namaste!
Dave

Old October 4th 04, 01:11 PM
mikepenton

Mikefule wrote:
*

This statement contains an unjustified teleological assumption. Also,
why "too much", rather than "exactly the right amount"? "Too much" is
implicitly defined as "exactly enough". And is it a logical
conclusion, or a rational conclusion, or only an internally consistent
worldview? *

If I try to reply my brain may overload.

--
mikepenton - level 2 and a bit
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Old October 4th 04, 02:38 PM
MrBoogiejuice

Cheers for the advice Gild,
Tomorrow is my first day of non smoking. Some of your hints are handier
than others....

lose the red meat

I'm veggie...So that was easy!

The health trip thing...I seem to be naturally gravitating that way. I'm
cutting out the weed for a while, which I think'll be harder than
cigarettes in a funny sort of way.
The last time I tried quitting it was smoking weed which got me back on
to cigarettes...Bummer.
A friend told me a great way of getting through craving attacks. It
worked for me when I had the motivation to quit (My ex wanted me to
quit. So I did. Then we split up. So I didn't). It's a buddhist thing.
You detach yourself mentally from the craving and sit back and observe
it, happy in the knowledge that the craving cycle is exactly that...A
cycle. It'll rise, become pretty intense for a bit. Then fade away
again.

this is my third time trying to quit. But this time it's for my greatest
love. The first time was for snowboarding, the second time was for my
girlfriend and my this time it's for my greatest love....Unicycling.

Kit

--
MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515