I Knew the French were doping!!

Old November 16th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default I Knew the French were doping!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061116...boostendurance

THURSDAY, Nov. 16 (HealthDay News) -- Athletes and non-athletes alike
may want to raise a glass to resveratrol, an ingredient in red wine
that researchers say doubled the physical endurance of mice in a new
study, while protecting them against diabetes and obesity.

Damn, must be this Germanic beer thing that makes me slow and fat.
Bill C

Old November 16th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob in CT

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:32:32 -0500, Bill C wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061116...boostendurance

THURSDAY, Nov. 16 (HealthDay News) -- Athletes and non-athletes alike
may want to raise a glass to resveratrol, an ingredient in red wine
that researchers say doubled the physical endurance of mice in a new
study, while protecting them against diabetes and obesity.

Damn, must be this Germanic beer thing that makes me slow and fat.
Bill C

But see:

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/beeran.html

--
Bob in CT
Old November 16th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061116...oundcouldboost...

THURSDAY, Nov. 16 (HealthDay News) -- Athletes and non-athletes alike
may want to raise a glass to resveratrol, an ingredient in red wine
that researchers say doubled the physical endurance of mice in a new
study, while protecting them against diabetes and obesity.

Damn, must be this Germanic beer thing that makes me slow and fat.
Bill CBut see:

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/beeran.html

--
Bob in CT

Thanks and that's a good thing for me since the wine I love rips my
stomach apart after a glass or two max.
Still haven't decided what's better beer and wings, or Rheisling and
cheese.
Lycra or leather?
Bill C

Old November 17th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061116...ldboostenduran
ce

THURSDAY, Nov. 16 (HealthDay News) -- Athletes and non-athletes alike
may want to raise a glass to resveratrol, an ingredient in red wine
that researchers say doubled the physical endurance of mice in a new
study, while protecting them against diabetes and obesity.

Damn, must be this Germanic beer thing that makes me slow and fat.
Bill C

LIVEDRUNK endorses a daily glass of wine as part of a healthy lifestyle,
but can't see a darned reason to stop drinking beer.

But see:

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/beeran.html

Beer: stronger than cancer!

Lance will be pleased, but not as pleased as LIVEDRUNK,

Old November 17th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
"Bob in CT" wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:32:32 -0500, Bill C wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061116...boostendurance

THURSDAY, Nov. 16 (HealthDay News) -- Athletes and non-athletes alike
may want to raise a glass to resveratrol, an ingredient in red wine
that researchers say doubled the physical endurance of mice in a new
study, while protecting them against diabetes and obesity.

LIVEDRUNK endorses a daily glass of wine as part of a healthy lifestyle,
but can't see a darned reason to stop drinking beer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/17/health/17drug.html

Now we know what Floyd was really drinking before
stage 17, and it wasn't beer _or_ Jack Daniels. So much
for the rbr lore about not drinking during stage races.

But see:
http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/beeran.html

Beer: stronger than cancer!

Lance will be pleased, but not as pleased as LIVEDRUNK,

Wait until Dick Pound bans red wine, and all other alcohol
(since it could act as a masking agent, and because
Dick Pound Hates Fun). LIVEDRUNK will see who's
laughing then.

Ben
When fun is outlawed, only outlaws will have fun

Old November 18th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article . com,
" wrote:

wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20061116...dcouldboostend
[...]

LIVEDRUNK checked: there's no dope tests in Cat 4 cyclocross races.

Bring on the alcohol!