Buying on the net

Old September 24th 04, 01:31 PM
aeek

Default Buying on the net

OTOH I need the LBS - my maintenance ability is upto detecting my brak
cable has just snapped as I approach the intersection, and I can mor
or less lube my chain.
Could do more I guess, but I prefer to save my effort for going dow
hills

--
aeek

Old September 24th 04, 01:53 PM
DRS

"aeek" wrote in message

OTOH I need the LBS - my maintenance ability is upto detecting my
brake cable has just snapped as I approach the intersection, and I
can more or less lube my chain.
Could do more I guess, but I prefer to save my effort for going down
hills.

You can't buy maintenance online, eh? I buy things from my LBS. I can't
buy what they don't stock though.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 24th 04, 02:17 PM
aeek

DRS Wrote:
I buy things from my LBS. I can't buy what they don't stock though.

and one thing MFOR has ranted at is the British Tradition disributor
who refuse to supply what the LBS has us asking for - they kno
better!

The first bike thing I bought on the net was the perfect mirrors for m
bike http://www.mirrycle.com/originalmirrycle.htm and the LBS told m
about them

--
aeek

Old September 24th 04, 02:38 PM
aeek

mfhor Wrote:
"I'm trying to buy bike stuff to improve my cycling experience"

Take away "bike" and "cycling" (interchangeable, for the sake of thi
argument, with "4WD" or "tiddlywinks" or "Samba Dancing") and what d
we have?

"I'm trying to buy stuff to improve my experience"

retail burnout? Are you saying we shouldn't buy bike bits, or heave
forbid, more bikes cos that's buying stuff. [sarc off]

retail therapy can be fun, that its bike bits personally makes i
worthwhile.
If it was 4WD, tiddlywinks or even Samba Dancing then I'd be posting t
another newsgroup.
But I really enjoy the energy management that only a bicycle can giv
me. (or a serious trike!

--
aeek

Old September 24th 04, 03:30 PM
DRS

"aeek" wrote in message

mfhor Wrote:
"I'm trying to buy bike stuff to improve my cycling experience"

Take away "bike" and "cycling" (interchangeable, for the sake of this
argument, with "4WD" or "tiddlywinks" or "Samba Dancing") and what do
we have?

"I'm trying to buy stuff to improve my experience"

retail burnout? Are you saying we shouldn't buy bike bits, or heaven
forbid, more bikes cos that's buying stuff. [sarc off]

He's saying we shouldn't buy what we want from those who are willing to sell
it at a price we're prepared to pay.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 25th 04, 12:42 PM
mfhor

DRS Wrote:
"aeek" wrote in messag

mfhor Wrote
"I'm trying to buy bike stuff to improve my cycling experience

Take away "bike" and "cycling" (interchangeable, for the sake o

thi
argument, with "4WD" or "tiddlywinks" or "Samba Dancing") and wha

we have

"I'm trying to buy stuff to improve my experience

retail burnout? Are you saying we shouldn't buy bike bits, or heave
forbid, more bikes cos that's buying stuff. [sarc off

He's saying we shouldn't buy what we want from those who are willing t
sel
it at a price we're prepared to pay

-

A: Top-posters

No, What I'm saying, if you'd bother to try to hold a discussio
rather than a Nuremberg Rally for one (oops, I've just invoked Hitler
DRS wins argument)
is that the bits you want ARE OVER THERE, and you are OVER HERE and th
people OVER THERE ARE BEING UNCO-OPERATIVE and YOU ARE WHINGING ABOUT I
and we are SICK OF YOUR WHINGING because of your credit card NOT WORKIN
to GET WHAT YOU WANT and SOME companies being prompt and solicitous a
to your welfare (God only knows why) and another NOT, SO WHY THE HEL
DON'T YOU JUST BUY SOMETHING YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET YOUR HANDS ON
LOGICALLY and PREFERABLY OFF A LOCAL RETAILER, SOMETHING THAT WORKS
AND GO RIDE IT!?!?!

Instead of boring us stupid with variations on the theme of 'how it'
impossible to get good help anymore', and pouring your overweeningl
arrogant peevishness onto the world, and steadily reducing your chance
of people wanting to ride anywhere near you, let alone with you, t
zero.

Nice shiny economically rationalist bits, chicken legs and no mates.

M "Melvin Udall Bicycles, for people who, like Margaret Thatcher
believe there is no such thing as society"

--
mfhor

Old September 25th 04, 12:58 PM
mfhor

mfhor Wrote:
No, What I'm saying, if you'd bother to try to hold a discussion rathe
[...]

believe there is no such thing as society" H

Oh, it also appears that I am, "a ****ed up fool" (Smiles widely an
beatifically in recognition of his own moronic ****ed-uppedness).

Well, I can't think of anything that would make you feel better, DRS
than to vent your vapid, toxic, puerile, deeply unhappy and futil
spleen at someone who really cares, really, really cares about peopl
riding bikes. So I'll let you, how's about that?

And I'll let you get back to trying to wangle the internationa
financial system to your advantage, while I put on my crappy ****ed-up
moronic, idiotic old shoes, get on my crappy ****ed-up, moronic, idioti
old bike, and go for a ride. I didn't get anything on my bike by mai
order. I bet I have as nice a ride as you do, because I'm not worryin
about the component I could have had, or might have purchased, if onl
the fools at the bank or mail-order outlet had tried a bit harder, o
the person in the shop had not looked at me funny.

M "The component that can be spoken of is not the eternal component"

--
mfhor

Old September 25th 04, 01:00 PM
DRS

"mfhor" wrote in message

DRS Wrote:

[...]

He's saying we shouldn't buy what we want from those who are willing
to sell
it at a price we're prepared to pay.

No, What I'm saying, if you'd bother to try to hold a discussion
rather than a Nuremberg Rally for one (oops, I've just invoked Hitler:
DRS wins argument)

So you don't understand Godwin's Law either. So what else is new?

is that the bits you want ARE OVER THERE, and you are OVER HERE and
the people OVER THERE ARE BEING UNCO-OPERATIVE and YOU ARE WHINGING
ABOUT IT and we are SICK OF YOUR WHINGING because of your credit card

Who is this "we" you speak of? People benefit when we share these sort of
experiences. At the end of the day they'll know either how to get what they
want from Performance with an Australian Mastercard or Visa or they'll know
to avoid them like the plague. Either way it's useful.

NOT WORKING to GET WHAT YOU WANT and SOME companies being prompt and
solicitous as to your welfare (God only knows why) and another NOT,
SO WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU JUST BUY SOMETHING YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET
YOUR HANDS ON, LOGICALLY and PREFERABLY OFF A LOCAL RETAILER,
SOMETHING THAT WORKS, AND GO RIDE IT!?!?!

Because I need the bit that's available overseas so I can do what I want to
do. I don't have to justify it to you or anybody else.

Instead of boring us stupid with variations on the theme of 'how it's

Who is this "us" you speak of?

impossible to get good help anymore', and pouring your overweeningly
arrogant peevishness onto the world, and steadily reducing your
chances of people wanting to ride anywhere near you, let alone with
you, to zero.

I'm having trouble with an online vendor of bike bits therefore people don't
want to ride with me. Just take the pills, pal.

Nice shiny economically rationalist bits, chicken legs and no mates.

That's the sort of pig-ignorant, offensive bull**** that got me off-side in
the first place, arsehole. As usual you have no idea what you're talking
about so as usual you're making **** up out of thin air and pretending it
has some connection with reality.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 25th 04, 01:02 PM
DRS

"mfhor" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, it also appears that I am, "a ****ed up fool" (Smiles widely and

Yep, that's you all right.

beatifically in recognition of his own moronic ****ed-uppedness).

Well, I can't think of anything that would make you feel better, DRS,
than to vent your vapid, toxic, puerile, deeply unhappy and futile
spleen at someone who really cares, really, really cares about people
riding bikes. So I'll let you, how's about that?

I'm not venting at someone who really, really cares about people riding
bikes, I'm responding to you.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 26th 04, 09:36 AM
blah

"DRS" wrote in message ...
"mfhor" wrote in message

DRS Wrote:

we are SICK OF YOUR WHINGING because of your credit card

Who is this "we" you speak of?

Instead of boring us stupid with variations on the theme of 'how it's

Who is this "us" you speak of?

Well, both "we" and "us" include "me" in this case. May as well let
you know. You know, most people have you kill-filed, or can't be
bothered to let you know you're annoying. it's Sunday evening: I have
some spare time... why not? (go ahead. tell me why not. we know you
will)

Buying a bike unseen Dukester General 26 July 27th 05 01:20 PM
Bike buying suggestion OklahomaDave General 11 January 7th 05 04:23 AM
general buying advice please David UK 9 June 25th 04 09:57 PM
Buying in Germany GreyFx2 Recumbent Biking 2 March 22nd 04 08:51 AM
Buying mail order from Italy Me UK 15 December 7th 03 07:41 PM