Buying on the net

Old September 26th 04, 11:14 AM
DRS

Default Buying on the net

"blah" wrote in message
om

[...]

Well, both "we" and "us" include "me" in this case. May as well let
you know. You know, most people have you kill-filed, or can't be

How can you know?

bothered to let you know you're annoying. it's Sunday evening: I have
some spare time... why not? (go ahead. tell me why not. we know you
will)

Tell you why not what?

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 26th 04, 12:41 PM
flyingdutch

DRS Wrote:

How can you know?

cos we meet, speak and get along. something you will never have th
ability to do with anything beyond your keyboard and mouse...

read back thru this and other thread/s. the amount of people you win
up is way into double figures, if not scores.
Oooh. is that the sound of Mrdrs engaging the 'convenient ignorance
filter again??

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 04, 12:53 PM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
DRS Wrote:

How can you know?

cos we meet, speak and get along. something you will never have the
ability to do with anything beyond your keyboard and mouse...

The BR "most people".

read back thru this and other thread/s. the amount of people you wind
up is way into double figures, if not scores.

You clearly don't know what a score is, either (it means 20). You're
letting your bile get in the way of the facts again.

Oooh. is that the sound of Mrdrs engaging the 'convenient ignorance'
filter again???

It's not my fault you insist on using terms you don't understand.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 26th 04, 01:09 PM
flyingdutch

The BR "most people".

your 'victims' goes well beyond 'us'

You clearly don't know what a score is, either (it means 20).

No ****, sherlock.
You're letting your bile get in the way of the facts again.

If you wanna mispell the word 'fact' as 'b-i-l-e', that's you
problem...

It's not my fault you insist on using terms you don't understand.

BINGO!!! once again DRS falls back on the ol' lamo line...
Get some new material. applying abuse by reaching into the hat i
getting comical

and down StK way the 'convenient ignorance' filter was heard to whi
into action yet again...
your funny. keep it u

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 04, 01:38 PM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
The BR "most people".

your 'victims' goes well beyond 'us'

That's merely yet more bilious rhetoric without the slightest foundation.

You clearly don't know what a score is, either (it means 20).

No ****, sherlock.

Then your claim that "the amount of people you wind up is way into double
figures, if not scores" is obviously bogus.

You're letting your bile get in the way of the facts again.

If you wanna mispell the word 'fact' as 'b-i-l-e', that's your
problem...

Your bad assumptions are not facts.

It's not my fault you insist on using terms you don't understand.

BINGO!!! once again DRS falls back on the ol' lamo line...
Get some new material. applying abuse by reaching into the hat is
getting comical

For the past few days you've been repeatedly implying I am somehow in the
wrong merely for pointing out what is here on Usenet a non-issue, namely
that meta-discussions are not ordinarily considered off-topic. It is not
lame to point that out, but it is lame to keep on trying to pretend that I'm
in the wrong on this when I manifestly am not.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 26th 04, 02:22 PM
flyingdutch

DRS Wrote:
"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
The BR "most people".

your 'victims' goes well beyond 'us'

That's merely yet more bilious rhetoric without the slightes
foundation.

[...]

A: Top-posters.

lordy. its like groundhog day... :rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 04, 02:28 PM
aeek

flyingdutch Wrote:
lordy. its like groundhog day...

it's going to have a romantic ending

--
aeek

Old September 26th 04, 02:29 PM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
DRS Wrote:

[...]

For the past few days you've been repeatedly implying I am somehow in
the
wrong merely for pointing out what is here on Usenet a non-issue,
namely
that meta-discussions are not ordinarily considered off-topic. It is
not
lame to point that out, but it is lame to keep on trying to pretend
that I'm
in the wrong on this when I manifestly am not.

lordy. its like groundhog day...

Yep. You just keep repeating yourself over and over and over. The sad
thing is you're still wrong every single time.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 27th 04, 12:11 AM
mfhor

DRS Wrote:

lordy. its like groundhog day...

Yep. You just keep repeating yourself over and over and over. The
sad
thing is you're still wrong every single time.

--

[/color]

No-one is wrong every single time. Not even you, in your own slightly
warped frame of reference.

The interesting, and slightly sad, things that pop out when DRS gets
carried away are worth scanning these threads for. Everyone else seems
to have given up on him, as he tries yet again to prove that he is the
most intelligent person in the room. He pretends to have the jump on
logic and commonsense, yet he can't hold a discussion with someone who
disagrees with him without calling them names, and invoking Usenet
*guidelines* to prove that someone else is deficient in understanding,
etiquette, humanity or something else you can get *gallons* of
understanding of down a phoneline or broadband link.

So dutchy is right. DRS - you don't exhibit the habit of forbearance
and tolerance of divergence and occasional slight stupidity in others
(which we *all* exhibit from time to time) in even these trivial
transactions to indicate that you might be a person worth knowing in
the real world. Sure, you might have a lot of theoretical knowledge
about bikes, and ride occasionally, but then I flatter myself that so
do I, but it is something I possess which I attempt to wear lightly. I,
and many others here, don't call people "stupid" and "ridiculous" and a
whole lot worse when they disagree with me/us, and get uptight and
inflammatory - I always thought that "Not suffering fools gladly" was a
phrase that, in balance, indicated a weakness of character rather than a
quality to be admired.

So, disagreeing with you has become a bit of a fait accompli, and not
at all interesting anymore. You won't get any more of my attention to
what seems on the whole to be a self-destructive worldview, or any
attempt to hone a subject you comment on by robust discussion, because
you are incapable of it, and somewhat afraid of it, I think. Except
perhaps an irritating one word aside when you say something
particularly inapposite, maybe.

M "gladly suffering fool" H

--
mfhor

Old September 27th 04, 11:08 AM
DRS

"mfhor" wrote in message

DRS Wrote:

lordy. its like groundhog day...

Yep. You just keep repeating yourself over and over and over. The
sad
thing is you're still wrong every single time.

No-one is wrong every single time. Not even you, in your own slightly
warped frame of reference.[/color]

If someone is wrong and they repeat themselves over and over they don't
suddenly become right through repetition.

The interesting, and slightly sad, things that pop out when DRS gets
carried away are worth scanning these threads for. Everyone else seems
to have given up on him, as he tries yet again to prove that he is the
most intelligent person in the room. He pretends to have the jump on
logic and commonsense, yet he can't hold a discussion with someone who
disagrees with him without calling them names, and invoking Usenet

You did not merely disagree with me. You've tried that bull**** once before
and I shot it to pieces. If that was all you had done I would never have
responded as I did. Everything you subsequently wrote based on that
foundation of clay is therefore moot. You went out of your way to be as
offensive as you could and you got your **** thrown back at you with
interest, as it deserved. You're the arsehole, not me, as any reasonable
reading of thread makes abundantly clear.

--

A: Top-posters.

Buying a bike unseen Dukester General 26 July 27th 05 01:20 PM
Bike buying suggestion OklahomaDave General 11 January 7th 05 04:23 AM
general buying advice please David UK 9 June 25th 04 09:57 PM
Buying in Germany GreyFx2 Recumbent Biking 2 March 22nd 04 08:51 AM
Buying mail order from Italy Me UK 15 December 7th 03 07:41 PM