Mashup Map hit's the headlines. (The Age)

Old June 6th 06, 10:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Mashup Map hit's the headlines. (The Age)

We're news!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/cy...359731526.html

Friday
Old June 6th 06, 01:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle

"Friday" wrote in message
We're news!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/cy...359731526.html

Friday

That site is great!!! I just did my commute to work and the run that I do
at lunchtimes around the Tan. One of the BR guys will have to get keen and
put in the BR route.

Gags

Old June 6th 06, 01:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Friday wrote:
We're news!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/cy...359731526.html

Friday

haha sweet.... Just noticed it in the referrer logs myself. The Age
sure is a nice traffic source!
Old June 6th 06, 01:56 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:41:54 +1000, "Gags"
gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote:

That site is great!!! I just did my commute to work and the run that I do
at lunchtimes around the Tan. One of the BR guys will have to get keen and
put in the BR route.

TimC is slowly working on it

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20
Old June 6th 06, 04:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-06, Aeek (aka Bruce)
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:41:54 +1000, "Gags"
gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote:

That site is great!!! I just did my commute to work and the run that I do
at lunchtimes around the Tan. One of the BR guys will have to get keen and
put in the BR route.

TimC is slowly working on it

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20

I can't load it in either konqueror or firefox at present, until one
of my feature requests on the forum is dealt with.

Haven't tried opera, but I've only got opera installed on my 5 year
old laptop, which is even less likely able to deal with the large
number of points in an expedient fashion.

--
TimC
Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek. --unknown
Old June 6th 06, 04:06 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-06, Jules (aka Bruce)
Friday wrote:
We're news!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/cy...359731526.html

haha sweet.... Just noticed it in the referrer logs myself. The Age
sure is a nice traffic source!

How is the server coping? I would imagine this kind of thing is
precisely the kind of thing you wouldn't want to be slashdotted^Waged.

--
TimC
"This company performed an illegal operation but they will not be shut
Old June 6th 06, 04:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-06, Aeek (aka Bruce)
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:41:54 +1000, "Gags"
gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote:

That site is great!!! I just did my commute to work and the run that I do
at lunchtimes around the Tan. One of the BR guys will have to get keen and
put in the BR route.

TimC is slowly working on it

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20

I can't load it in either konqueror or firefox at present, until one
of my feature requests on the forum is dealt with.

Firefox works fine for me.

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old June 6th 06, 10:41 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Peter McCallum wrote:

On 2006-06-06, Aeek (aka Bruce)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:41:54 +1000, "Gags"
gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote:

That site is great!!! I just did my commute to work and the run that I do
at lunchtimes around the Tan. One of the BR guys will have to get keen and
put in the BR route.

TimC is slowly working on it

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20

I can't load it in either konqueror or firefox at present, until one
of my feature requests on the forum is dealt with.

Firefox works fine for me.

firefox on linux works fine for me
Old June 6th 06, 11:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-06, Aeek (aka Bruce)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 22:41:54 +1000, "Gags"
gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote:

That site is great!!! I just did my commute to work and the run that I do
at lunchtimes around the Tan. One of the BR guys will have to get keen and
put in the BR route.

TimC is slowly working on it

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...nday-BR-x-7-20

I can't load it in either konqueror or firefox at present, until one
of my feature requests on the forum is dealt with.

I had a crack at it in Firefox but started getting those timeout errors
around Hurstbridge and gave up. Might give it a try in ... gasp shock
horror ... IE!

DaveB
Old June 7th 06, 12:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
sitonyourarse2max.com might be better for mapping out coffee shops...
bikes are for riding, not leaning up against other bikes...

LOL I SOOO dare you to go into Cafe Racer in St Kilda and say that
loudly!

--
SuzieB