Ride an SUB not an SUV

Old April 17th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Chris[_2_]

Default to start THE REVOLUTION

"di" wrote in :

"donquijote1954" wrote in message
ups.com...

"The terrorists who attacked America weren't being funded primarily
by drug money. They were being funded primarily by oil money. In
other words, it isn't the drug addicts who should feel guilty. It's
the gasoline addicts."

So where did this "oil money" come from? Before you answer, be
careful, you about to justify the Iraq War.

The people who who attacked America on 9/11 were funded by the taxes the
Americam people pay every year on April 15. They are :
Elliott Abrams
Gary Bauer
William J. Bennett
Jeb Bush
Dick Cheney
Eliot A. Cohen
Midge Decter
Paula Dobriansky
Steve Forbes
Aaron Friedberg
Francis Fukuyama
Frank Gaffney
Fred C. Ikle
Donald Kagan
Zalmay Khalilzad
I. Lewis Libby
Norman Podhoretz
Dan Quayle
Peter W. Rodman
Stephen P. Rosen
Henry S. Rowen
Donald Rumsfeld
Vin Weber
George Weigel
Paul Wolfowitz

Please see : http://www.newamericancentury.org/st...principles.htm

Old April 17th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default Selling The Revolution

So, don quixote, What would it take to get you to sell
us all down the river?

Well, besides T-shirts (I don't think the store is even working), I'm
selling the idea of THE REVOLUTION. Hey, don't you think of Chavez
taking over here --or even Obama (much less Osama)--, but rather to
get America going in the path toward change and civilization, say the
Canadian DEMOCRATIC way. Yes, they have signed the Kyoto Protocol,
provide Healthcare for all and stayed away from this predatory war...

So if you want to buy the idea let me know. Absolutely free.

THE REVOLUTION
http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Old April 17th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default Shoud there be a "freedom to pollute"?

On Apr 14, 3:18 pm, "george conklin" wrote:
"nash" wrote in message

Y'all need to read Hofstadter's book on the paranoid in American politics.
You are good examples.

George, Big Oil and Big Tobacco are very similar. Even when Big
Tobacco knew of the risks of smoking, they dismissed it by hiring a
good PR firm to throw confusion about the issue. Maybe you should try
to work for one, if you are not already doing so...

The big difference is that smokers mostly pollute their own lungs.
SUVs, though, are dangerous to all who inhabit this planet. A label
may just say, "This Supersized Unnecessary Vehicle is dangerous to
your health, and to those around you."

Old April 17th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default George would make a good PR

On Apr 14, 3:18 pm, "george conklin" wrote:

Y'all need to read Hofstadter's book on the paranoid in American politics.
You are good examples.

See, George, you could do a good PR. Or perhaps we should give the
"honor" to that other George that lead us into the costliest war after
WWII over nonexistent WMDs...

"I defy anyone to read the middle chapters of The Cigarette Century,
the ones that detail the foundation of the Tobacco Institute and the
industry's efforts to muddy scientific waters, and not come away with
a burning need to drive down to North Carolina and find someone to
throttle. Or Madison Avenue. Among the many villains Brandt skillfully
waterboards are executives at the public relations giant Hill &
Knowlton, which during the 1950s single-handedly orchestrated Big
Tobacco's campaign to undermine anti-smoking advocates and scientists
up to and including the surgeon general. No lie was too big to tell,
no bit of pseudo-science too ridiculous to pass off as legitimate.
Parents, if you have teenagers considering a career in p.r., have them
read this first. I can't remember the last time I read a more scathing
indictment of corporate malfeasance."

http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Cent.../dp/0465070477

Old April 17th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
George Conklin

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
"di" wrote in :

[...]

You forgot:
Donald Duck

Old April 17th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
di

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
"di" wrote in :

[...]

That was a really stupid reply.

Old April 18th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
George Conklin

[...]

You changed the subject, but I don't smoke, for the record. I do have a
tobacco buyout.

Old April 18th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Chris[_2_]

"di" wrote in :

"Chris" wrote in message
.. .
"di" wrote in news:buSTh.22467$Pi4.2212

@newsfe14.lga:

[...]

You wouldn't think this was a 'really stupid reply' if you had read the
book that initiated this web site:
"Project for a new American Century, Rebuilding American Defences"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Old April 18th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

On Apr 17, 7:39 pm, "George Conklin"
wrote:
[...]

The subject is the same in two ways: CORPORATIONS DO MANIPULATE THE
TRUTH, and DRIVING IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH (think of the epidemic
of overweight people, for example) AND TO OTHERS (think of accidents
and Global Warming).

By the way, if you don't smoke is your business, but if you pollute is
not.

Old April 18th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
George Conklin

oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

The APA manipulates the truth big time.

and DRIVING IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH

But far safer than horses, bicycles and about the same as other forms of
transportation, overall.

(think of the epidemic
of overweight people,

Imagine: Life expectancy keeps going up, despite your predictions of
fear.