Pants getting snagged on cranks

Old August 22nd 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

Default Pants getting snagged on cranks

So, I was outside practising my rolling hops, and once i started going
really fast my pant leg got stuck on my crank (i think) and I slammed
into the ground hurting my knee badly..

This has been happening quite a bit but its never been too bad because
i havent been riding fast.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Is there any way people know of to temporarily fix up my jeans to not
do that? I wear jeans alot and i dont wanna stop

--
NKahler

______________________________
Check out some of my stuff!

http://nkahler.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dunawan

Take rubber bands or duct tape and wrap them around your ankles so the
bottom of your pants are closed.

--
dunawan
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Your local bike shop will have velcro straps that are designed to keep
your pants (trouser) legs out of the chain while bicycling. They'll
also keep your pants from getting snagged on unicycle cranks.

Another style is the 'metal clip' (http://tinyurl.com/ywehmx). A more
old-school style than the newfangled reflective velcro strap style. I
like the metal clip style better but they're harder to find at least in
the US.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

Ok thanks, i think ill just use rubberbands or something

--
NKahler

______________________________

Old August 22nd 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dunawan

john_childs wrote:
Another style is the 'metal clip' (http://tinyurl.com/ywehmx). A more
old-school style than the newfangled reflective velcro strap style. I
like the metal clip style better but they're harder to find at least in
the US.

Oh my gosh, my inline skates that I bought several years ago came with
these, and I didnt know what they were. So I tossed 'em. I feel so
stupid.

--
dunawan
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Or, when cycling, you could wear cycling clothes. They will be more
comfortable, less sweaty, and safer.

--
Mikefule

I once had a bad experience with a bigot. Now I hate them all - even
the ones I haven't met.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Eddbmxdude

Your -pants- snag on your cranks?????!!!??? What trick are you trying to
do?

Pah, Americans twisting our language!
Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

Eddbmxdude wrote:
Your -pants- snag on your cranks?????!!!??? What trick are you trying to
do?

Pah, Americans twisting our language!
Rock on!
Edd

Im not doing any trick

--
NKahler

______________________________

Old August 22nd 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Get some silicone, and fill up the cap in the pinchbolt.

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, but now that I have
denubbed my cranks, it's not half as bad as it was.

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 10:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

Easily fixed dude... dont wear pants!
I used to wear jeans but found shorts are WAY more comfortable - give
it a try and you wont go back to pants.

mill_mobile
http://www.usenet.com

So.... Who else is going to get snagged before the Giro? Hell and High Water Racing 14 May 9th 07 05:51 AM
FYI - Keep your pants on! zog Australia 0 December 13th 05 08:16 AM
Bike pants TimC Australia 1 December 12th 05 11:05 PM
Tom Pants [email protected] General 0 December 27th 04 08:33 PM
Pants vernon levy UK 12 July 25th 04 10:02 AM